Re: Wiki images.

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Yes. We can't rename them and have to re-upload. That's sad. D:

And I already can have all the sprites, either taking them from RacieB's website (they're in gif, just to say) or taking those I already saved (I already saved like half of them).
wrote:For whoever does take this on, though, please try to not make the white bits on the Denjuu transparent... It happens all the time, it looks so bad...
Erm, if we make them gifs they will be transparent. So why keep the white white? Unless you were referring to something else...
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Well, for example...

Image Image

On any skin other than Invision Blue, the difference should be pretty obvious. XD
On the first one all of the white was made transparent, where as with the second I filled the outside with blue and then told the program to use blue for transparency. I did this using Fireworks, I don't know how other programs go about it. I missed some pixels under his feet because I was just rushing, and his dangly antenna ball is kind of screwed up, but you must admit it looks better than the first one. XD

I'd still prefer to use the encyclopedia pictures, for one because they're already facing the right direction, and also because they have a white box around them that's the same size for every Denjuu. It would make all the sprites the same size and already centered. XD It's a nice touch.
Milnivri(imported)

Yeah, guess so. So you want them facing the left? Not right? Ok. *quite a lot of work to do, and faints xD*

But I want to keep them transparent. D: That way you can use background-colors. An exmple would be the evolution box. We can still make them same size and centerised, just by cropping that area and removing that colour there. :)

P.S. I'm using Opera now. :)
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Facing towards the right side of the screen. XD You know, the viewer's right. XD And yeah, I agree with using transparency, just keep in mind which parts should be transparent. *nod* Also, wherever you get the pictures, it would be nice if they were all from the same source, as in not half from Racie's site and half from elsewhere...*shrug*
Good luck! I guess I'll be taking care of the walking icons, then. :D
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kimbles wrote: Well, for example...

Image Image

On any skin other than Invision Blue, the difference should be pretty obvious. XD
On the first one all of the white was made transparent, where as with the second I filled the outside with blue and then told the program to use blue for transparency. I did this using Fireworks, I don't know how other programs go about it. I missed some pixels under his feet because I was just rushing, and his dangly antenna ball is kind of screwed up, but you must admit it looks better than the first one. XD

I'd still prefer to use the encyclopedia pictures, for one because they're already facing the right direction, and also because they have a white box around them that's the same size for every Denjuu. It would make all the sprites the same size and already centered. XD It's a nice touch.
Yay for Fireworks and Export Wizard! :D
Milnivri(imported)

I already downloaded all of Racie's sprites (using Firefox's add-on called dTa which allows batch downloads). Yeah, no right-click save image 174 times. And then if it is screwed up I'll crop right from the game itself.

Yay for Firefox again! :D

And for the walking icons, I have no idea how to do them fast enough other than cropping them from tiles and arranging them myself, then colour them in and then put them in some GIF animator (or use Flash).

I created one walking icon of the funny man in Dino Device for fun, and it took me 2 hours. >_>;;

How do you do the walking icons then...?
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

If you have the version of VisualBoyAdvance with Frame Advance (you can find it on the TASvideos website), then you can take screenshots one frame at a time and then crop the sprite in so that it fits. If you have Adobe ImageReady, then you can paste them and make an animated GIF. Also, 1 frame = 1/60 second.
Milnivri(imported)

Oh. Good point. xP

And I had to assemble the sprite myself.

Oh, but what if you want it to be on a transparent background? The screenshot won't give that. D:
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Milnivri wrote: Oh. Good point. xP

And I had to assemble the sprite myself.

Oh, but what if you want it to be on a transparent background? The screenshot won't give that. D:
There aren't many frames to a walking sprite, do it manually.
Oh and before taking the screens try turning off some layers first so that you don't get that background stuff in with the sprites.

Oh stuff it, I'll do them. Which ones do you want?
Milnivri(imported)

Oh well, Kimbles is doing that too anyway. Er you two can collaborate.

And the animations for every sprite and human would be good.