Re: Wiki images.

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Umm. The owner of that site is RacieB (a user here). But anyway we have all the sprites from Telefang ripped already.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Milnivri wrote: Umm. The owner of that site is RacieB (a user here). But anyway we have all the sprites from Telefang ripped already.
I'm not saying we shouldn't use the sprites. But most Wiki articles that still have images have official artwork. Why shouldn't we use those.
Milnivri(imported)

We could, but the problem is that not all have official artwork (maybe...).
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Yeah, the official art has some nice detail that the sprites don't really show. D: Maybe we could include the official art for the secret denjuu, since they all have pictures on the official site...*shrug*

Anyway, last thing about Bugsite sprites... As well as the regular pictures, each bug has its own 15x15 icon that's used in battle and on the status screen.

For example, #037 Button: Image and Image

I copied it out by hand so it might be off, but you get the idea... It's something you would have to find every bug to get pictures of, but it would be nice to have the icons for every bug for the wiki someday. XD We could use them in the same way as the walking icons for Telefang 1. *nod*
Milnivri(imported)

The icons look similar... as if the second was just a resized version of the first. Is it?
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Kimbles wrote: Yeah, the official art has some nice detail that the sprites don't really show. D: Maybe we could include the official art for the secret denjuu, since they all have pictures on the official site...*shrug*

Anyway, last thing about Bugsite sprites... As well as the regular pictures, each bug has its own 15x15 icon that's used in battle and on the status screen.

For example, #037 Button: Image and Image

I copied it out by hand so it might be off, but you get the idea... It's something you would have to find every bug to get pictures of, but it would be nice to have the icons for every bug for the wiki someday. XD We could use them in the same way as the walking icons for Telefang 1. *nod*
I know what you mean. One person on Serebii recolored Barkub wrongly. And a few others as well.

Maybe there is some more official in the players guides. All monster game guide book have them. And Pokemon is a prime example.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Yeah, that's mostly why I'm so interested in getting the players guides for all of the games. XD Especially for bugs, since the sprite colours are completely off on some of them...*nod*

Anyway, from what I can tell the battle icons are based on the full-size sprites and in the same position, but they're still different from resized sprites, so we'll still want to find them all in-game. :/ Also, it looks like evolved bugs use the same icon as their first stage (like Telefang), so there's probably only around 80 different ones. *nod*
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Heh, I'm pretty late, but if anyone wants to color them and upload them on the wiki, I'd be glad.

Note, I don't know if the animations actually appear in the game! I just ripped it from the ROM.