Okay, what to do with the new bootleg information.

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Sanqui

Re: Okay, what to do with the new bootleg information.

Post by Sanqui »

Okay, let's look at the bootlegs we have now:

Pokémon Diamond and Jade
This one is coming along smoothly. It's important, but since everyone has it, there shouldn't be any problems with contributing information.
Pokémon Diamond and Jade - Chinese
Here's the problem. Should we do anything with this information? We've got two Chinese speakers around, so data can be collected. The question is if it'll be useful. I'll leave you to decide.
Pokémon Diamond 2 and Jade 2 (Chinese)
Yet another Chinese bootleg. Same as before, probably not that important. But still.
uh... The NES bootleg
Uh... yeah. No-one'll EVER bother to play that... but some article would help a lot D: argh...

Pokémon Ruby
Now THIS is important. It's a bootleg in english. It'll hopefuly make T2 more famous, since people usually don't care whenever it's a bootleg or not. The important thing is that it's in english. Since this one is, trust me, people WILL play it over Japanese T2. So. Here's how you can help here.
Step 0: Contact me and get the bootleg. Simple as that.
Step 1: Create an article about the bootleg.
Step 2: Collect information into lists (List of Denjuu in Telefang 2 is important. I already started to fill it up). Note: Please do not fill out the same name for the whole evolution line. In the bootleg, they can be different. Example: #50 Wuts evolves into #52 Wuz. Only do that when you've checked.
Step 3: Create redirects for bootleg names. Even if most of the T2 Denjuu pages don't exist, it'll prove useful in the future.

Now, not everyone has to do that. For example, I can do the List of Denjuu myself. If you have a cheat to fill the picture book, or a save with it filled, please send it to me.

...whew.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Somehow I doubt that "Pokémon Ruby" will be as famous as Diamond/Jade. But still, it would be useful for translating the game. And they used different names in the same evolution line? Weird... And someone should make a video about the game too...

Also, since we already have the index numbers for all the Denjuu, couldn't we find the text table (which is most likely different from Japanese T2's) and just look at the ROM for all the Denjuu?

And the NES Bootleg really isn't worth playing at all. The only thing worth mentioning about it is that it's made by Waixing, the same pirate company who made a pirated Pokémon Red for NES with bad music, and where Ash actually fights the Pokémon. They made other pirated games too...
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Haha the "You Can Help!" sounds so much like wikipedia.. :P

Anyway yeah I think every bootleg should be documented in the wiki, at least those that are significantly bootlegged, but there shouldn't be so much emphasis on that. For the time being I think putting bootleg names in the list of Denjuu for Diamond/Jade is enough, since some people might be used to the bootleg names (like me in the past). The other bootlegs are almost unheard of, right?

But if we make interlanguage wikis (like a Wikifang in Chinese), then perhaps those Chinese bootlegs might be more useful.