Item images

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Blaziken257

Re: Item images

Post by Blaziken257 »

Do you think we should upload the item images on Wikifang? Maybe the format should be something like this:

T1-I-xx.gif for large icons, where xx is the item's index number.

T1-I-xx-I.gif for small icons.

I have all the large ones on this page so you can batch download them if you want. I also have icons coming up shortly as well.

And for templates (like using exp. items), maybe do something like {{item|x}} x is the index number, and use a switch template.

Like for Fungus, you could just put in {{item|19}} for its exp item, and it would display the small icon and the text "Antenna". Or maybe since that field is already in a template, you could just put in 19 and it will give the icon and name.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Perhaps since we are already going to use the switch template, maybe the name of the item image could simply be just like "T1 Phone Card.gif" or something? And the small icons would be "T1 Phone Card icon.gif"?

I don't think that people would like to think of items in the form of numbers..

EDIT: By the way, what do you think the article titles for items and moves should be? Currently they are ITEM (item) and MOVE (move), should they have like ITEM (T1 item), or not even have the brackets? What do you think?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Yeah, I hate that moves have (move)... It doesn't seem logical, you don't have Crypto named Crypto (Denjuu) \:
Plus it means you have to create A LOT redirects x_x;
Milnivri(imported)

Yeah I dunno why I put it there too lol. Are there items or moves that appear in other games with the same name too?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Right now I can think of Claw, which appears in both T1, T2 and Bugsite. Possibly even Dino Device.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Well, what about Saber, which is both an item and an attack in Telefang 1? D:

I always liked the (move) part... *shrug* I don't think you need redirects like "Assault" for "Assault (move)", because if you search, "Assault (move)" is still going to be the first result. :/ Only bootleg names and patch names should be an issue, I think... (Also, is it even possible to search for a word if that word is already a page? I mean, Wikipedia has a Go button and a Search button, but Wikia only has Go? >_<)

But yeah, there are attacks that appear in multiple games, so I think the way to do it is have sections for each game the move appears in... The same would probably work for item pages, but I'm still unconvinced that they all need their own pages (they'd be eternal stubs, there's not much to say about them).

I agree you should use actual words for the picture names, though. XD
DeKaFu

Post by DeKaFu »

I agree that not every item should have its own page. Since there's only a couple lines worth of information for each one (name, bootleg name, where to buy, price, Denjuu that can use it...) wouldn't it be neatest to just have one big page for "Items (Telefang 1)" that listed all of them with info and pictures?

It would mean not having to navigate to a new page every time you want a new item, and pages talking about specific items could just link to partway down the page. It also gets rid of all the title-naming issues.
Milnivri(imported)

If all the attacks are roughly the same thing, maybe we could merge them. It makes a bit more sense in that case.

And yeah the Go button acts like a search button should there not be an article with that name. Same as Wikipedia (its search button on the other hand doesnt go to the page, i think)

Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

On Bulbapedia, all the moves have their own articles. And it would make sense for including Denjuu compatibilities with moves and items (see the Telecard article for instance). So if you used more than one item or move in an article, you would have lots of lists in one place, which could clutter it up. Except for maybe the items in Telefang 2, since a lot of them are similar in compatibility. Then again, maybe it wouldn't be that cluttered...
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

I'm all for having a single page for items, partly because Wikia loads slow for me, and the thought of having to look at each individual page just for a small amount of information is really, really annoying. ;_;

For the Denjuu lists for items, maybe we could instead have a single page that lists what Denjuu can use what item (like the page Blaziken made), and just refer to that? D: It seems kind of silly to have most of the Telecard page taken up by list, either way...

For the lists on move pages, maybe someone could work on a template for a table that takes up less space? Like, has smaller text or multiple columns? D: Hmm...