Telefang 2 pages

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Kimbles(imported)

Re: Telefang 2 pages

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

The T2 Denjuu pages are in dire need of some organizing, from the looks of it... They're slightly more annoying than the T1 Denjuu because of the evolutions all sharing the same name. :/ Here's how we currently have it set up...

For Rex:
First (Basic) form: Rex (Basic)
Natural evolved form: Rex (Natural-1)
Mod evolved forms: Rex (Desert) and Rex (Forest)
Second Natural evo: Rex (Natural-2)

Rex by itself redirects to Rex (Basic). *nod*
I think this is a good way to organize it, but it looks like most Denjuu in T2 only have one Natural evolution, so I'm wondering if it might be a good idea just to use "Natural" instead of "Natural-1" for those. :/ Some of the current pages already use "Natural" and some don't, so we should really decide a single method and stick with it.

All of the T2 Denjuu seem to have pages already, but a lot of them were made before the names were finalized, so they need to be renamed now... :/ This is a good opportunity to change anything else about the naming system though, so I'd like to make sure we're all on the same page (that this is the naming system we're planning to use) before people start working on moving tons of pages. *nod*

Personally I don't think there's much point in keeping redirects around for the old/incorrect names, since they're not really well-known and there shouldn't be any pages on the wiki that link to them... *shrug* Some T2 Denjuu have 2 sets of redirects for their whole evolution lines left behind from previous name changes, which don't serve any purpose other than cluttering up page lists, so I think we can get rid of them. :P
SougonNaTakumi(imported)

Post by SougonNaTakumi(imported) »

I'd agree with the scheme of making all the natural evolution pages just "Natural" except for the ones that have two evolutions since it seems a little more logical to me. I almost started to do that when I was moving some of the pages, but I 'corrected' myself because I thought all the others were using "Natural-1". XD

Edit: Actually, we might as well just call all of the Natural-ones "Natural". It'd still be distinct from Natural-2.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

SogonNaTakumi wrote:Actually, we might as well just call all of the Natural-ones "Natural". It'd still be distinct from Natural-2.
Yeah, I'm thinking that too...XD Means a lot of pages to move, though.

Also, I'll be going through and deleting the redirects for old names that nothing links to, if there's no objections to that. *nod* We should probably figure out what we're doing with evolution templates and categories too at some point...XD