Page for beta material in Telefang?

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Page for beta material in Telefang?

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

With all of the beta stuff for Telefang 1 being revealed in the Comic Bom Bom issues, it made me wonder if a page on the wiki about the beta material for Telefang would be a good idea? It would all need to be translated and looked through though, unfortunately my understanding of Japanese isn't enough to translate most of the pages. I'm sure there were some early screenshots of Telefang 2 mentioned at some point as well, where the battle menu was different to the final one too. Could it be added to the list of things to do on the wiki?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Yeah, it's been discussed, I've been meaning to start it but haven't decided the best way to lay it out yet. I was thinking it should also include the stuff on TCRF, even though that ended up in the final product it's still developmental stuff.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

The screenshots from the pages could be cut out and used as well, since there are quite a few. It looks like it's going to be a big page with quite a bit of information though, I was wondering how categorizing it might be done.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

That's most of the reason I wanted to add a "scanned from Bom Bom" template =P Was thinking maybe it could be arranged in sections like Denjuu (show changed sprites, changed names, "Ein"), D-Shot (the removed features, the graphical changes), Overworld (the world map seems to have gone through a LOT of changes), Text (where dialogue differs from what made it ingame, as well as stuff like the battle cries?), etc...
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

That sounds good. A template for Comic Bom Bom is definitely needed since there's going to be a lot of images to put on the wiki. I was wondering if there could be a section for events in the game that were changed or taken out as well? There's the win screens and also the screen that had the skulls (some kind of virus?) and i'm not sure what section they would go in.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Those probably fall under "gameplay elements", though this is a speculative arrangement anyhow. I haven't started yet just cause it's kind of overwhelming :C
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

That's understandable, it's going to be a pretty big project to get all the scans translated and sorted and everyone has quite a lot to do already with moving the wiki over and everything. What sort of title would the page have?
I was thinking something like Beta Material in Telefang 1 or Unreleased Material in Telefang 1?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Beta probably, I think the unreleased stuff ingame would count as beta elements as well.

I'm wondering where that commercial screenshot with blue Crypto should go, since that's the only beta element I know of for T2 and it wouldn't really fit on a T1 page... D: I also found a prerelease screenshot for Dino Device 1 with different Dino sprites - http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1135489_1407.html - Sadalmelik is dark blue and green in the final game, and Kaffaljidhmah doesn't have those light portions on its shading at all.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I think the beta section for T1 looks like it's going to be the biggest. T2 and Dino Device have very small amounts of information and pictures in terms of beta stuff. I don't know if Telefang 2 has any other beta material besides the changed battle menu colour. The blue Crypto doesn't really fit as beta material for the game since it's a promotional commercial for the game rather than part of it. It might be better mentioned in a page about the commercials for Telefang maybe? There are some more screenshots of the commercial for T1 in the Comic Bom Bom scans I did recently.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I was wondering though if it doesn't indicate that Crypto was originally intended to be a starter in place of Rex (especially since Fungus shows up ingame.)