Right... so what should we do with the wiki?

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Diamond(imported)

Re: Right... so what should we do with the wiki?

Post by Diamond(imported) »

Woah !
This is great !!!!
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

..by god that is beautiful.

I vote for it's inclu.. oh. It already up. Awesome.
SougonNaTakumi(imported)

Post by SougonNaTakumi(imported) »

I think that the T1 and T2 pages for Denjuu that appear in both games should probably be connected somehow, rather than being totally isolated from each other. One option which I've seen on other wikis and which would look perfectly fine is to use a redirect template with text saying something like "This article is about Fungus in the original game. For the Telefang 2 Denjuu, see Fungus (T2)."

Another option I just thought of is that we could merge the pages into one when they're both about the same Denjuu, making each game a main heading and existing headings subheadings below. That way we could also put in manga information and anything else relevant if available.

Example:
wrote:'''Fungus''' is a Stage-1 Grassland-type Denjuu dolor sit amet consecteteur adispici feugiat...

==General==
===Name etymology===
===Physiology===
(...Other subheadings...)

==In Telefang 1==
===Description===
===Area===

==In Telefang 2==
===Description===
===Sprites===
===Area===
===Moveset===

==In the manga==

==See also==
Crypto
Rex
Gyuun
Musa
Please tell me if you think this is a good idea (those of course don't have to be the exact headings). I'd be perfectly willing to help reformat pages if everyone's okay with it.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I think this was considered before at some point, they're basically different species between the two games though with the moveset/type/evolution/etc changes going on and that's probably why the pages were kept split? Definitely do need "for the T2 Denjuu" links at the top of each, though.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

SogonNaTakumi wrote:One option which I've seen on other wikis and which would look perfectly fine is to use a redirect template with text saying something like "This article is about Fungus in the original game. For the Telefang 2 Denjuu, see Fungus (T2)."
I'm pretty sure that was the original plan, it just hasn't been implemented yet...XD Someone went through and created mostly empty pages for all of the T2 Denjuu before we even had proper names for them, and we still haven't gotten around to organizing and fixing them up yet. D: We only just recently finished importing the articles from Wikia, so most of the pages are still a mess. *nod*

Personally I prefer the idea of keeping the pages separate and just linking between them, otherwise it gets a bit cluttered....XD
zzc

Post by zzc »

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but where do I sign up to edit the wiki? Would like to edit the battles page for Telefang 1 for a start

Found it
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

It looks like you already figured out how to sign up. Now, to edit an article, you need to click the "edit" tab on top of the page. Then you can edit the page you want. When you are done, just click Save page, and your changes will be made instantly.
zzc

Post by zzc »

The stats category seems to have multiple clone pages so could the admins decide which to keep and delete the redundant stuff.

I moved some of the pages off the wanted list by adding some info to it, so its now filled with pages that are simillar names with same info.
zzc

Post by zzc »

[76a3666b] 2014-03-20 06:56:05: Fatal exception of type MWException

I'm logged into the wiki, made some changes and now it gives that error.

Can someone have a look why
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

By chance, just a few hours ago RacieB has decided to upgrade the wiki software, so it's a tiny bit broken right now. Hold on tight, it should be fixed soon.