Right... so what should we do with the wiki?

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Re: Right... so what should we do with the wiki?

Post by andwhyisit »

RacieB wrote:Guess it just depends on what url is most desirable? Though I dunno if it really matters so much.
Probably not. Though I figured I'd just offer anyway. *shrug*

Or did you mean .info vs .com?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Awesome! Thanks, RacieB :D

Uploading MediaWiki! This may take a while, though...

So, are we going to start from scratch of import the old articles?

Also, a domain can always be bought later on (and if it is, i'd go with something like wiki.telefang.com)
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Oh yeah I forgot that telefang.com is actually available =x Though maybe .net would be better since it's not commercial (does anybody actually go by those domain rules anymore aside from the main ones like gov and edu..?)
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

RacieB wrote:Oh yeah I forgot that telefang.com is actually available =x Though maybe .net would be better since it's not commercial (does anybody actually go by those domain rules anymore aside from the main ones like gov and edu..?)
Assuming we do get telefang.com and use the subdomain wiki.telefang.com for wikifang, then what would we use for the main telefang.com domain?

What about wiki.t-fanger.com? Sounds less official than telefang.com. Plus if Rocket revives the franchise then.. oh who am I kidding, it will be a .jp or .co.jp domain in that case, or more likely a subfolder on the Rocket website because japanese domain names are horribly expensive.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

andwhyisit wrote:Assuming we do get telefang.com and use the subdomain wiki.telefang.com for wikifang, then what would we use for the main telefang.com domain?
Could be just a hub with links to Wikifang and Tulunk.

Speaking of which, this is a great opportunity to move Tulunk Village to a better host, too :D
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

"Rocket we made you a giant fansite now make Telefang DS please ;___;"

Also I have bad timing for sleep D: I've only fiddled with MySQL on here once before, I'll try to remember how the hell it works x__x
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote:
andwhyisit wrote:Assuming we do get telefang.com and use the subdomain wiki.telefang.com for wikifang, then what would we use for the main telefang.com domain?
Could be just a hub with links to Wikifang and Tulunk.

Speaking of which, this is a great opportunity to move Tulunk Village to a better host, too :D
So..

wiki.???.com and tulunk.???.com or forums.???.com with ???.com as a hub.

Now we need to decide on what to replace the ??? with. I'll go along with whatever you guys decide.

p.s. Can I have guardian.???.com? It would be a more appropriate url to upload the guardian site to then what I have currently.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

It's installed, everybody party! :D
http://wikifang.meowcorp.us/

Feel free to register and possibly make some contributions. File uploads should work! I'll install some extensions later (including MultipleUpload).
Now would be a good idea to decide what we actually want to do with the wiki.

Style suggestions or contributions are welcome.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Wow, that's awesome! I'll have a look at it this weekend when I have time. (Unfortunately, I'm way, way too busy right now to touch it at all, although I'll at least register...)

EDIT: OK, I edited the link in from the board description so that it goes to the new URL.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Looking at the other NIWA sites makes me ponder a Wikifang logo in the style of Telefang's logo text (sort of like the mockup one I made I guess.) Dunno though!
OH a thought I just had. We should definitely have articles on the manga adaptions for the games that had them, this was never on the old Wikifang as far as I know.