Right... so what should we do with the wiki?

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Blaziken257

Re: Right... so what should we do with the wiki?

Post by Blaziken257 »

Judging from what I've seen on other wikis, it's probably these pages:

http://wikifang.meowcorp.us/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.css
http://wikifang.meowcorp.us/wiki/MediaWiki:Monobook.css
http://wikifang.meowcorp.us/wiki/MediaWiki:Vector.css

To the best of my knowledge, Common.css affects everything, Monobook.css just affects the Monobook skin, and Vector.css just affects the Vector skin.
I am bumping this because we really need to start working on the wiki... it's been well over a month and there's almost no progress. So I decided to work on a few new templates -- well, they're largely taken from the Wikiafang ones, but just modified to have the colors changed. How is this article so far?

http://wikifang.meowcorp.us/wiki/Crypto

I know it's not perfect, but we really should get started with everything here... I'm wondering if that brown needs to be lighter, it does not contrast well with the black text, and while there is a .wikitable class, it seems to be picky about the colors used. I guess you can modify it, but considering that we might use different color palettes for Telefang 2 and Bugsite templates, that might be a problem too. I'm not sure on what to do, so I just stopped here.
Dr. Jerk(imported)

Post by Dr. Jerk(imported) »

Well if you're going to make the brown lighter, then I would also suggest to turn the yellow into white.

Both colors together does kinda make it harder to read.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

A few points:
1. Links such as "Arrived Phrase" may need to be coloured differently when on that brown background, else they become at best messy and at worst illegible. It may be easier to just replace the current brown with a lighter colour.
2. Those cells need more padding. The text as it is just happens to be waaay too close to the border on the left and right hand sides.
3. Shouldn't those styles be in an external stylesheet?
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I'll work on all those things later when I have time... unless someone gets to them first. Thanks!
AnjiosiFan2265(imported)

Post by AnjiosiFan2265(imported) »

Aww... Moving..? D: But the Wiki is my best info source about the games...
Selyte(imported)

Post by Selyte(imported) »

Only today I saw what happened to the wiki...But I don't understand, do you need someone who put in the new the articles of the old wiki?
I never use wikia, but if i learn how to do it, I can help :)
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Selyte wrote:Only today I saw what happened to the wiki...But I don't understand, do you need someone who put in the new the articles of the old wiki?
I never use wikia, but if i learn how to do it, I can help :)
No, I need to walk RacieB through the process of upping the old articles using ssh on the new Wikifang. I'm not sure if RacieB is still busy so maybe I should just ping her or something. :V
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

You can bug her on dA, I have done that and she typically replies right away there (like less than a day).
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Sanky wrote:No, I need to walk RacieB through the process of upping the old articles using ssh on the new Wikifang. I'm not sure if RacieB is still busy so maybe I should just ping her or something. :V
I'm... slightly less busy lately! ;< I leave MSN on pretty much all the time, as long as it's not Idle/Away then I'm available!
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Don't mind the double post, I'm just gonna leave this here ~