Discuss the Dino Device 2 games here.
Dino DragonX(imported)

Re: Will there be a dino device 3?

Post by Dino DragonX(imported) »

dino device 3?
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

I think it's pretty unlikely at this point, since Rocket Company (who owns the series) has moved more towards casual games, like their kanji-studying series... Basically, they are aiming their new games more at people who don't usually play video games, and it seems to be working for them, so it's unlikely they will go back... >_>; (Why work harder when you're still making money?)

Plus it's more likely that they'd make another Medarot (Medabots) game instead, since that series also belongs to them and is way more popular... In fact, one of the focuses of Medarot is swapping out parts and weapons, just like in Dino Device 2. ^^; The more I look into it, the more it looks like DD2 was trying to copy it... The original Dino Device had attachable weapons, but they were equipped over top of the Dino rather than replacing their limbs. XD And besides that, DD2 removed a lot of the features that defined the first game, such as its use of addresses, city-building, unique battles, and "game within a game" concept. Past the basic idea of "Toy monsters with weapons that come out of gashapons", nothing in DD2 really resembles the original. XD 's probably why it isn't that popular here... Since you're a fan though, maybe you can check out Medarot? *shrug* XD
Dino DragonX(imported)

Post by Dino DragonX(imported) »

Kimbles wrote: I think it's pretty unlikely at this point, since Rocket Company (who owns the series) has moved more towards casual games, like their kanji-studying series... Basically, they are aiming their new games more at people who don't usually play video games, and it seems to be working for them, so it's unlikely they will go back... >_>; (Why work harder when you're still making money?)

Plus it's more likely that they'd make another Medarot (Medabots) game instead, since that series also belongs to them and is way more popular... In fact, one of the focuses of Medarot is swapping out parts and weapons, just like in Dino Device 2. ^^; The more I look into it, the more it looks like DD2 was trying to copy it... The original Dino Device had attachable weapons, but they were equipped over top of the Dino rather than replacing their limbs. XD And besides that, DD2 removed a lot of the features that defined the first game, such as its use of addresses, city-building, unique battles, and "game within a game" concept. Past the basic idea of "Toy monsters with weapons that come out of gashapons", nothing in DD2 really resembles the original. XD 's probably why it isn't that popular here... Since you're a fan though, maybe you can check out Medarot? *shrug* XD
I have the game medabots and it is good. B)
And i wacth the episodes!! B)