Thinking of reproducing the Guardian website...

Discuss the Bugsite games here.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Re: Thinking of reproducing the Guardian website...

Post by andwhyisit »

Kimbles wrote:Jeez, that is incredibly stylish. :o Good work!
Thanks. The hard part was dumping and inserting names and descriptions for all of the FE bugs, creating images for all of the FE bugs, and writing the php code to display all of the FE bugs.
Kimbles wrote:My one request is that you write the japanese normally rather than how it appears in the game, because having spaces in it like that makes it particularly annoying to read...XD For example, ク゛ラ-ハ゛to グラーバ...
I think you have mistaken me for someone that understands Japanese. :blink:
Kimbles wrote:Also, the makers at the bottom of the FE page currently read Stiso, Ruger, Tahiro, and Zasoku. ^^; They should be スティング, ルガー, タヒロ, and ジャンク...
Okay, I'll get it fixed.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

XD Okay, fair enough. ^^; Sorry. It might be easier to use the kana for bug names that's already on wikifang's list of bugs though, since it's already fixed up. XD
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kimbles,Jul 6 2009 wrote: XD Okay, fair enough. ^^; Sorry. It might be easier to use the kana for bug names that's already on wikifang's list of bugs though, since it's already fixed up. XD
Thanks.

Can I ask a favour though? The bug descriptions are still as they are in the game. Can you or anyone else can convert them to the more readable format for consistency's sake? I don't trust myself with Japanese.

I have uploaded a dump of the bug descriptions:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0j2w410mt2z (ignore the [00]6L,9⇒?($04)[00] at the end)
Started this back up.

My Sting website mockup:
lapeirousia19(imported)

Post by lapeirousia19(imported) »

The first thing when I saw this Bug was "Missingno!?"

Sorry for my spam, but I just had to post this.
SougonNaTakumi(imported)

Post by SougonNaTakumi(imported) »

It does look remarkably like Missingno! XD

Its name is Surface, though, and I think a surface is basically just another term for an object or plane represented by a 3D model. If you look at it from the side you can kind of see that it has hills and a depression like a topographical model, and it also has noticeable edges (and of course a glaring face in the middle XD). I could be totally wrong, but that makes sense enough to me.
MefistaCenobica(imported)

Post by MefistaCenobica(imported) »

this bug is funny,but few of them (especially flying elephant head and one-eyed abomination straght from evangelion)are weird and scary)
kmeisthax

Post by kmeisthax »

SogonNaTakumi wrote:It does look remarkably like Missingno! XD

Its name is Surface, though, and I think a surface is basically just another term for an object or plane represented by a 3D model. If you look at it from the side you can kind of see that it has hills and a depression like a topographical model, and it also has noticeable edges (and of course a glaring face in the middle XD). I could be totally wrong, but that makes sense enough to me.
So it's the NURBS cousin of Porygon, then.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Looking at these again (they're super cool and I finally started playing Bugsite so I was comparing them with those ingame), I noticed the prolonged sound marks in Bug names/descriptions are using hyphens (-) rather than the actual character (ー). The game rip probably uses them interchangeably so that's understandable =) Also, on the Sting site they should be vertical (|) for the names.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Any chance of a Jank site or has the comic sans put you off that one? :V
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I've started reworking the sites to be, well.. not tiny. That and making the sites responsive (resizes to fit in the browser viewport). I plan to steadily work though each site one at at time and then finally finish Jank.

The Guardian landing site:
http://www.cavestory.org/andwhyis/guardian/ (I'll get a proper domain for these when I actually finish them all)

I kinda cheated a little and Google translated "new release" into "新作", but I doubt that's correct. If you know what the actual translation should be then please let me know.