Thinking of reproducing the Guardian website...

Discuss the Bugsite games here.
User avatar
andwhyisit
Site Admin
Posts: 1190
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:24 pm

Re: Thinking of reproducing the Guardian website...

Post by andwhyisit »

..as an actual 600 pixel wide online website. The differences in sizes are hard to work around, but I think I can do this. I will most likely be showing pictures of my progress as I go. At the moment I am working on making the homepage work with the new page size as much as possible and reproducing the logos for Jank, Ruger, FE, Sting, and Tahiro in vectors.

And this is the part where I ask for help. Can anyone by any chance get me the player guide Bug pictures? Whether or not they are in greyscale or colour isn't an issue, as long as it is consistent across all images. I will most likely be needing them for the bug pages later on.

Thanks.
Kimbles(imported)
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:17 am

Re: Thinking of reproducing the Guardian website...

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

...This is such an awesome idea. XD

By anyone I assume you mean me? XD I can definitely work on that tomorrow, since I had a couple pages started... Sanky made a page for the cut-out pictures, but I don't have the link right now. *nod* The guide pictures are actually all in colour, which is really neat. XD I look forward to seeing the site~
User avatar
andwhyisit
Site Admin
Posts: 1190
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:24 pm

Re: Thinking of reproducing the Guardian website...

Post by andwhyisit »

Kimbles,Jun 2 2009 wrote:...This is such an awesome idea. XD
Thanks.
anyone,Jun 2 2009 wrote:By anyone I assume you mean me? XD
Maaaayybe. :lol:
Kimbles,Jun 2 2009 wrote:I can definitely work on that tomorrow, since I had a couple pages started... Sanky made a page for the cut-out pictures, but I don't have the link right now. *nod* The guide pictures are actually all in colour, which is really neat. XD
Thanks. ^_^
Kimbles,Jun 2 2009 wrote:I look forward to seeing the site~
Well this is what I have figured out so far:
Image
Blaziken257
Posts: 983
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:52 am

Re: Thinking of reproducing the Guardian website...

Post by Blaziken257 »

What's the Guardian? Is it your site? Anyway, nice start! BTW, 600 pixels is awfully small in my opinion. No matter what monitor you use, there will be lots of unused space!
User avatar
andwhyisit
Site Admin
Posts: 1190
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:24 pm

Re: Thinking of reproducing the Guardian website...

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote:What's the Guardian? Is it your site?
Something tells me that you haven't played Bugsite. :rolleyes:

Image
Blaziken257 wrote:Anyway, nice start! BTW, 600 pixels is awfully small in my opinion.
It is one hell of an improvement over the original 144 pixels wide. :lol:
Blaziken257 wrote:No matter what monitor you use, there will be lots of unused space!
Yeah but that would have happened regardless due to a lack of content to fill the gaps. This way I can fill the void with fancy backgrounds. :D
Blaziken257
Posts: 983
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:52 am

Re: Thinking of reproducing the Guardian website...

Post by Blaziken257 »

I played Bugsite, but I couldn't figure out what to do after 10 minutes of playing it due to the language barrier. So yeah, I never saw that in-game site.

Also, you seemed to have made a typo in the first yellow box. The second to last character should be い, not り.
User avatar
andwhyisit
Site Admin
Posts: 1190
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:24 pm

Re: Thinking of reproducing the Guardian website...

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257,Jun 3 2009 wrote:I played Bugsite, but I couldn't figure out what to do after 10 minutes of playing it due to the language barrier. So yeah, I never saw that in-game site.
Maybe I should make a basic guide to playing Bugsite? I am very much obsessed with Bugsite at the moment so it shouldn't be too hard to pull off.
Blaziken257,Jun 3 2009 wrote:Also, you seemed to have made a typo in the first yellow box. The second to last character should be い, not り.
Dammit. I knew there was something wrong with that character the moment I put it in.

EDIT:
Image
User avatar
Sanqui
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:25 am

Re: Thinking of reproducing the Guardian website...

Post by Sanqui »

http://sanky.master.sweb.cz/bugs
Here you go.
There's only a small portion of Bugs, I was waiting for Kimbles to scan more. I'll finish it later, right now I'm ripping the Denjuu pictures.

By the way, AWESOME.
Blaziken257
Posts: 983
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:52 am

Re: Thinking of reproducing the Guardian website...

Post by Blaziken257 »

andwhyisit wrote:
Blaziken257 wrote:I played Bugsite, but I couldn't figure out what to do after 10 minutes of playing it due to the language barrier. So yeah, I never saw that in-game site.
Maybe I should make a basic guide to playing Bugsite? I am very much obsessed with Bugsite at the moment so it shouldn't be too hard to pull off.
Yeah, that would help a lot. I think Zephyr suggested the same thing as well. That way people who don't know Japanese know how to play the game...
User avatar
andwhyisit
Site Admin
Posts: 1190
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:24 pm

Re: Thinking of reproducing the Guardian website...

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote: http://sanky.master.sweb.cz/bugs
Here you go.
There's only a small portion of Bugs, I was waiting for Kimbles to scan more. I'll finish it later, right now I'm ripping the Denjuu pictures.

By the way, AWESOME.
Is it possible to focus on the FE Bugs? I want to try and finish the FE pages.

Also what year is it in the game?
Post Reply