...Other Smilesoft games?

Discuss Smilesoft/Rocket Company in general here.
Kimbles(imported)

Re: ...Other Smilesoft games?

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Hm...It looks like a spinoff of the Devil Children series, which is a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei series. It's not their original concept. :/

Here. The one made by Rocket is the last on the list, "Messiah Riser". It's apparently real-time strategy, as opposed to the normal games which are regular turn-based monster raising RPGs. Oh, Rocket. ):

...This kind of worries me. Have they made anything good or original? How did these people end up owning Telefang?! ;_;
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kimbles wrote: Hm...It looks like a spinoff of the Devil Children series, which is a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei series. It's not their original concept. :/

Here. The one made by Rocket is the last on the list, "Messiah Riser". It's apparently real-time strategy, as opposed to the normal games which are regular turn-based monster raising RPGs. Oh, Rocket. ):

...This kind of worries me. Have they made anything good or original? How did these people end up owning Telefang?! ;_;
Smilesoft was probably destroyed by Pokemon since all of their titles were monster-based RPGs, and any monster-based RPG these days are compared to pokemon. Kinda depressing. :(
Typhlosion(imported)

Post by Typhlosion(imported) »

I hate to say it, but Smilesoft died due to outsourcing. Most of their work had been outsourced to other companies, and by the time the president of the company was arrested, (s)he was about the only one left.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Smilesoft was... outsourced? So they just hired people from other countries to do their work? Can you give me a link? I'd like to know more about this.

Also, do you know why the president was arrested? I'm curious about that...
LiamBrady(imported)

Post by LiamBrady(imported) »

It's impossible to find out what REALLY happened.
We would have to hire a Hardcore net searcher and a japanese and maybe even a chinese.
Haha!
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Hey I'm a Chinese lol.
ms65(imported)

Post by ms65(imported) »

Someone should make a remake of Telefang 1 & 2, I mean someone must still have the copyright for those games even if smilesoft went out of business right?
Old games sometimes gets a makeover, for the better.
BUT they should be as original as possible, not an entire new game, comepletily different.
Just an idea.
Must be some hardcore nerds/fans out there who might be interested in buying the copyrights?
Just an idea, nothing serious.
But it would get rid of the bad fakes and games with errors.
yeah I know it`s close to blasphemy, but still..
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

wrote:Someone should make a remake of Telefang 1 & 2, I mean someone must still have the copyright for those games even if smilesoft went out of business right?
Rocket Company owns the rights to Telefang. They've been doing various kanji-learing games (no RPGs), but now they've revived the Medarot franchise (also a "monster"-collecting RPG they got rights for), so there is a possibility that they revive Telefang, though changes are small.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote:Rocket Company owns the rights to Telefang. They've been doing various kanji-learing games (no RPGs), but now they've revived the Medarot franchise (also a "monster"-collecting RPG they got rights for), so there is a possibility that they revive Telefang, though changes are small.
Well what better way to promote a revival of Telefang than by buying or promoting Medarot (a game of the same genre) when it releases. If this game sells then we may see more monster collecting/raising RPGs from them.