Re: Blastile's Sprites

Have Telefang fan art you wish to show off to the world? Post it here!
Blastile(imported)

Post by Blastile(imported) »

I love to make sprites. I currently make a lot of my own resources for things like RPGmaker2003. Now I'm back into playing telefang, I decided to make my own resources for this too.

I plan to redraw every Denjuu in the style of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.

Here are the first two:
Zinunas
Kokia

For now they are lightly watermarked, I'll upload the transparent ones later when I've made more.
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

Not bad, not bad at all. :3 Seeing other spriters here makes me happy. A few suggestions, though: don't overdo your dithering, first off (especially for Kochia, who has large tracts of shiny dithered stuff on it that seems misplaced), and make sure your outlines are smooth, for both of them.

Also, these aren't really RSE-styled. They're a bit... big, and have a few too many layers of shading to be like Pokemon.

Good luck on your project, though! You have my support!
Blastile(imported)

Post by Blastile(imported) »

I checked some of the larger Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire sprites, which came out at 80 pixels whereas these are 65. I didn't want to overdo the highlights on their base outlines otherwise they would look too fluffy. Seeing as they are going to be very small (on RPGmaker, even 100 pixels is tiny) the shading would make more visible. Nobody wants to be pressing their face up against the screen just to see their enemy xD
So, I'll continue to make more :P