Keitai Denjuu Telefang Trading Card Game

Have Telefang fan art you wish to show off to the world? Post it here!
ChaosProductions(imported)

Re: Keitai Denjuu Telefang Trading Card Game

Post by ChaosProductions(imported) »

MISSILEPUNCH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxTsjb46ECA
That is all.

(EDIT: For the record these are all pretty cool! I've got to question some of the powers but that might be a result of having no documentation on how stuff like mana and status effects are handled.)
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I actually lost all of the art and documentation for the cards a few months ago when one of my harddrives died. I was expecting it to happen so I backed up my art folder, but I completely forgot that they were in a separate folder on another part of the drive -_-

I'll see if I can remember the basic rules though... each player would have 1-3 Phone Cards (unevolved Denjuu) which are separate from the rest of their deck. The number you can use depends on the lead Denjuu's reception icon, three bars means you can place two more Denjuu down, two bars means one more Denjuu, and one bar means you can only use the lead. (This is to prevent someone from just dropping down three secret/powerful ones like Gentiana, Kaya, etc.)

So basically, say you chose Crypto as your lead/partner. He has three bars, so you could choose two more backup Denjuu, I'll say Nejiro and Gentiana. The reception icons on the backup Denjuu dictate how many turns you have to wait for them to be playable from the start of the battle, 3 bars = 1 turn, 2 bars = 2 turns, 1 bar = 3 turns. So in this case you'd have Crypto to use immediately, Nejiro in 2 turns, and Gentiana in 3 turns.

The next most important part of the Denjuu cards is their Speed stat, order of attack is determined by this. Who moves first in a tie is determined by a coin flip each round. I was also playing with having it so that the fastest Denjuu in play gets two actions each round, but I hadn't figured out if that was overpowered or not.

Some attacks require item cards be attached to the Denjuu, these are things like the Bubble Gum, Sabre, Crane, Solar Panel etc which each have a habitat type assigned to them. I never designed what the item cards would look like, but individual ones would probably allow bonuses if attached to specific Denjuu (ie the text on Gun would probably note that attaching it to Crypto/Berzelia/Tessen would add +10 to their Power or something like that.) Item requirements for attacks are noted by grey or white icons of the required type, so Crypto must have two Forest items attached in order to use Static. White icons mean the required cards are discarded after the attack; Nejiro must have attached (and then dump) three Sky items to use Machinegun.

Evolution also depends on items. For Level evolutions each item has some amount of experience written on it and the total must equal the required level for that Denjuu to evolve, these items don't have to be of any specific type. Crypto evolving into Cryptoride (lv20) would require say, two 10exp items or one 20exp item to be attached to him. These are discarded after evolution.

Reform/Mod evolution requires items of a specific type be attached, Diablos for example requires either two Mountain or two Grassland items attached to evolve into either of his Mod evolutions. These are also discarded after evolution.

Test/Experimental evolution requires that a specific item card be attached to the Denjuu. Waratah must have a BioRent 3 attached in order to evolve into Waitah. Again, the item is discarded after evolution.

Evolution cards, and items are all shuffled into the deck, I never figured out how many cards in all were in it though (50? 60? dunno.) IIRC, some amount of them were drawn at the beginning of the game, and after all Denjuu have acted to end a round is the "T-Fanger turn" where cards can be drawn and played from your hand. So the order of each turn would be like.. all Denjuu in play act in order of their Speed, then each player draws a card and can play something from their hand. I suppose the order the T-Fanger turn goes in is up to a coin flip.

Although I had them all written out I can't remember how each of the statuses was meant to work unfortunately, I believe confusion left the victim's target decided by a dice roll and silly things like that >_>
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

I really got into trading card games lately... Are you still doing this? (Can I help?)
Because I just came up with some ideas.

Also, how do you win?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

The win condition would just be to knock out all of the opponent's Denjuu, I suppose.

Anyway, I dropped the project because of all of the art, design, and gameplay files being stuck on an inaccessible hard drive. I didn't lose interest in the project itself, but having to start entirely from scratch is extremely discouraging (I'd have to remake/redraw all of the uploaded cards as well since they're not print sized.) There was a ton of other stuff on that drive I'd also really like to retrieve, so if I'm ever able to afford data recovery for it I will do that. It costs around $200-1000 though and I don't foresee having that kind of money to spare for a while.
Demonlemon(imported)

Post by Demonlemon(imported) »

Nice stuff
Locololo(imported)

Post by Locololo(imported) »

RacieB wrote:The win condition would just be to knock out all of the opponent's Denjuu, I suppose.

Anyway, I dropped the project because of all of the art, design, and gameplay files being stuck on an inaccessible hard drive. I didn't lose interest in the project itself, but having to start entirely from scratch is extremely discouraging (I'd have to remake/redraw all of the uploaded cards as well since they're not print sized.) There was a ton of other stuff on that drive I'd also really like to retrieve, so if I'm ever able to afford data recovery for it I will do that. It costs around $200-1000 though and I don't foresee having that kind of money to spare for a while.
*pulls out emptry mason jar with paper saying the RacieB card fund donate and you get curry ^_^* lol, but still that sucks that you lost the material to do it
Sherkel(imported)

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

SO AWESOME. Artwork is amazing, and so is the fact that you really thought out a whole set of rules.
CharizardRider10(imported)

Post by CharizardRider10(imported) »

Yeah, it is pretty awesome! I've tried to make my own trading cards before, and it's not easy...plus, your game seems more elaborate than other games (which makes it more fun in my opinion).

By the way, how many cards go in a deck?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I never decided, since I hadn't gotten around to designing item cards and making test decks =/ I was figuring 50-60, as it goes in most other card games I can think of, but who knows.
Mocha(imported)

Post by Mocha(imported) »

You still have the ones on your DA...
Id be willing to help with the project if i actually knew how to do artwork like that.Maybe theres something else i could do...
Also, instead of having energy(like pokemon) you could have denma. Like how you have to charge denma attacks :3