Re: Official Art Traces

Have Telefang fan art you wish to show off to the world? Post it here!
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I've started a rather large project which I'd like to get some feedback on... basically, I'm reproducing the official Denjuu art (as seen here, scanned by KenjutheDenjuu) as closely as possible. The intent is to have clean color art in a large size, for use on Wikifang etc.

I wanted to show what I've got so far and get opinions on the idea, ie does it sound okay to put fanart on the Denjuu pages of the wiki as long as it is noted to be direct traces of Saiko Takaki's official art? I'd like to judge interest before I do all 174 and it turns out nobody wants them there :P

ANYWAY, the first five:
Spoiler!
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

This seems quite ambitious, but you've done an awesome job so far. I love the accurate vectors and the vivid colors that the official artwork uses! And yes, I see no problem with using these on Wikifang. Just be sure that when you upload them, that it's mentioned that they're traces of Saiko Takaki's art, so that people don't think it's the original artwork.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Yeah, if I do end up using them in place of the official art, I'll change the tag on the T1 template to "Color Art" instead and make note on the file page for each that they're replications.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I'm so glad the scans I did are coming to good use for you guys, the ones you've traced so far look great ^^
It was a lucky find to have one of the Comic Bom Bom's have a full color page of all the denjuu. I didn't expect the issue would have something like that and it was super cheap as well, so it was a double bonus xD

I've actually got some more Comic Bom Bom's on the way from early 2000, including the first part of the Telefang manga and the first part of the Bugsite manga as well as some general issues with possibly more beta stuff, so expect more soon (Although it may not be til mid-late January or even early February when I receive them, since they'll take a while to ship).
Demonlemon(imported)

Post by Demonlemon(imported) »

great traces
FleiTheChaosDragon(imported)

Post by FleiTheChaosDragon(imported) »

Ooo, nice drawnings!
And you shall do ALL them?
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

By the way, did you have any trouble zooming in on the pictures at all? My scanner decreased the quality a little and I hope the small details like the eyes weren't to pixelated to make out clearly.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

The art style is pretty consistent so, even when certain details are hard to make out, I can make a reasonable estimation of how they should look compared to other official art. I also have the players guide so when I have problems with some details from the color arts I scan the greyscale pic at a high resolution, and compare to see if things make more sense that way.

Just finished Monstera, his tail area was hard to do due to not having a lot of good refs for it, and it took a few days just because I've been far too busy with other things XF I wanted to try to do 5 a day but I doubt I can keep up that pace.
Spoiler!
Genghoul(imported)

Post by Genghoul(imported) »

Very nice art, I love seeing the artwork from the game finally in great quality and with such vibrant colors! On a slightly unrelated note, anyone else here play Pokemon Black and White and notice the similarities between Monstera and Scolipede?

http://www.smogon.com/media/smog/15/artpanel_scolipede.png

Or maybe it was just me...
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Monstera looks great. I'm glad you're not having too many problems copying up the art. I was worried my scan might have blurred out some of the finer details, since I couldn't get the clearest picture of the denjuu's eyes when I zoomed in and I wanted to make sure. I thought the colors might be hard to pick out on a heavily zoomed in picture. Don't worry about not being able to do a lot at once. It's good to take your time and have fun doing it rather than feeling you have to.

I was also wondering if some of the official art for Telefang 2 in Comic BomBom would be good for tracing T2 denjuu maybe? I don't know if you'd be planning to do T2 denjuu or not, but looking at the scans today made me wonder if they'd be good references to trace from.