Re: I actually am getting to this project now

Have Telefang fan art you wish to show off to the world? Post it here!
SM-dood(imported)

Post by SM-dood(imported) »

So, after months, I finally got enough colors to start the Punica perler bead project! :fungus: It looks nice so far, but I ill need to buy some more beads to finish it. I will update with a picture of the work in progress later.
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

Awesome! I just can't wait to see it. :crypto: I might make a punika out of sculpey clay someday(or one of it's evo's).
SM-dood(imported)

Cool!

Unfourtunatley I've been very sick lately with a variety of things, it's been almost exactly a week now, so I don't know when I'll get the picture up. Also, I still need to order some more beads, I'm terribly low on peach beads, and you know how pink Punica is.
Luckily for me (and my procrasination) though they came out with a new color that'll be PERFECT for making that really dark maroon-ish pink color on Punica.
Fangblade90(imported)

Take your time. ;) I'm sure it's going to look great when you do finish it! :fungus:
SM-dood(imported)

Sorry I haven't updated anything lately guys.

But anyway, I did get the beads I needed in the mail today, so it'll be done soon! I know I said I'd take some pictures in the process of doing it, but I think I'll just take 1 when it's ready to iron and some when it's done.

Edit: I've been a little busy (I do like to play and relax too, heh heh) lately, but I get out of school Friday (half-day) so I'll probably have Punica ironed then. I really like how she looks right now!

Edit: Sorry for the wait! I'm trying to stop procrosinating, but, you know. Here are some picture of the Punica perler bead! (She was a pain to iron, her beads kept on falling apart):

One picture: http://i48.tinypic.com/3322exx.jpg
Size comparison (also the side she was arranged on the boards): http://i48.tinypic.com/14ujcqg.jpg
My cat (I had 2 others for a very very short time, but that's another story) playing with punica's jiggly-thingy :P: http://i46.tinypic.com/smrtq0.jpg
Fangblade90(imported)

Wow! It's so big and so accurate to the sprite ,well done. :fungus: Since I'm quite good at sculpey modeling I might aswell try perler/hama in the future.
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

OMG so cute! I wanna hug it, but it would break. Really looks incredibly accurate, like it walked straight out of the game!
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Argh, it turned out so adorable. How difficult are perler beads to work with? I'd love to stick random Denjuu sprites on my walls... you could take commissions maybe =D?
SM-dood(imported)

Well, it really depends on what sprite you are doing, how big it is and how many and what colors it is/they have. (That's why NES/GB/GBC are pretty easy but still are fun to make.) Beads don't really fuse diagonally, so something like DenDel or TeleTel wouldn't work because of the antennas (unless you made it like a giant square/coaster with them in the middle, or used some clear beads for support.) And, not exactly every color is avaible (but pretty much every one is, or a variation of it) of the beads, so if you want to be like me where everything has to be exact, you might not be able to make some things (like I wanted to make Fungus once, but there's not really any beige colors that I'm aware of :(). I haven't tried making any GBA or DS sprites yet because of all of the colors you need for them.

Also, I'd reccomend buying the large connectable boards (colored or clear, but I only have colored), because even some of the tiniest sprite don't fit on the regular (small) square board, which is only 14x14 (in beads/pixels). Since each pixel is equal to one bead, you'll be needing some boards to do certain ones. (Punica only took 2 boards, but there's another non-telefang sprite I want to do and it takes 6 boards -_-).

I also highly reccomend using MS Paint for observing the sprites, because you can put your sprites right on there, zoom in on it, grid the pixels, find out how many boards it takes, etc. (I always use MS Paint for videogame sprites that I'm gonna make, but I'm used to the format of the versions before windows 7.)

As for tips on how to iron it and stuff, I'd just read the instructions and try testing it out on some little things first (but you're supposed to iron both sides, not that everyone does/has too). This is obvious too, but always use a square board :P.

And now that I'm finally almost done typing this, yes, I'll take commissions. I enjoy doing these. :)

(I just wish I could find my cat :'( )
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

ooooh, could you make a FF black mage? I love that guy. Or does it have to be telefang-related?