Re: Telefang 2 PTP - Proper Translation Project

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

Not from my side; I was away for a few days.
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

Wow, look at that! It's been ten months since I last posted! That really is a little bit too crazy. So I'd better post a status update!

So what's happened within those ten months?
Well, the truth is, not really too much. For a large portion of that time I've been in a hiatus because there were more pressing matters to attend to. (School matters, work matters, personal matters...) Besides that, I've been translating the Telefang manga too, so that's taken up its share of time. In any case, I decided to put a few things on hold until things became more stable, and the Telefang 2 translation was one of those things.

However, recently I've started picking up the translation again. So what's new?
  • All event/story text for the first town (Takedama Village) has now been translated.
  • So are all the dialogues and the tutorial text.
  • I've started translating dialogue text for the next area and village (Torikabe Village). 40 lines have been translated so far.
What's next?
  • Fixing the older translation because I've gotten a lot better at Japanese in those months.
  • Working on the story text for Takedama Cave and Torikabe Village.
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

Progress? Yeah! Albeit mostly janitorial, all the changes and improvements make things cleaner, leaner and easier to work with (along with improving my previous translations).

getspawned(imported)

Post by getspawned(imported) »

Hi guys,nice to see that this game is still being worked on translation,thank you xD by the way,are there any testing patch or alpha patch for this translation to try? xD
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

We were talking about releasing a public one after some more dialogue is complete, so maybe an upcoming one? =)
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

Yeah, I want to release something after the text related to the second village is complete, but for now we're still in text overhaul mode and we can't actually build the game with the new text at the moment. :P
getspawned(imported)

Post by getspawned(imported) »

Ohh ok,thanks for the update xD