Empty Dex slots

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Re: Empty Dex slots

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

How many empty dex slots are there in the game?
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

Are there any? Once you complete the dex, I'd think it would be full. :/
Kid Sonic(imported)

Zephyr wrote: Are there any? Once you complete the dex, I'd think it would be full. :/
The pokedex in R/B/Y goes up to 255. Plus there's the whole Mikichan thing.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

I'm afraid the max is the max. And if you replace mikichan then you'll have them in the dex when you don't have that Denjuu.

And if you want to add dex slots its kinda impossible, without the structure/layout and all which Smilesoft went to put it themselves.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Milnivri wrote: I'm afraid the max is the max. And if you replace mikichan then you'll have them in the dex when you don't have that Denjuu.

And if you want to add dex slots its kinda impossible, without the structure/layout and all which Smilesoft went to put it themselves.
Oh well. I'll have more than enough space anyway one I get rid of the 59 Denjuu who won't make the cut.

And RacieB did something somewhat similar to that.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Well... let's see...

When the game stores any type of data for Denjuu, it usually only has room for the 174 Denjuu (sometimes the unused "Unidentified" sprite as well). For example, the base stats/type/natural evolution/movesets for each Denjuu are located in bytes $1D4B48-$1D5627. That's 16 (10h) bytes for every Denjuu, but right after that, there's other data as well, as opposed to unused data. For example, the data right after that ($1D5628-$1D563F) is the names of all the types, then some other data that I haven't found yet, then all the phrases when all the Denjuu arrive.

Another example is the Denjuu sprites... after the last one, there is very little room for more... probably about 6 sprites or so.

A third example is the Denjuu names... which is stored in ($1D4000-$1D457F). Right after that, there is no empty space, and there are names for T-Fangers right after that.

Also, right after the colors for every Denjuu ($034800-$034D6F), there's some data right after that (which I haven't found yet), with no empty room afterwards.

Basically, it's really hard to put in more Denjuu, so you have to replace it with existing Denjuu.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Blaziken257 wrote: Well... let's see...

When the game stores any type of data for Denjuu, it usually only has room for the 174 Denjuu (sometimes the unused "Unidentified" sprite as well). For example, the base stats/type/natural evolution/movesets for each Denjuu are located in bytes $1D4B48-$1D5627. That's 16 (10h) bytes for every Denjuu, but right after that, there's other data as well, as opposed to unused data. For example, the data right after that ($1D5628-$1D563F) is the names of all the types, then some other data that I haven't found yet, then all the phrases when all the Denjuu arrive.

Another example is the Denjuu sprites... after the last one, there is very little room for more... probably about 6 sprites or so.

A third example is the Denjuu names... which is stored in ($1D4000-$1D457F). Right after that, there is no empty space, and there are names for T-Fangers right after that.

Also, right after the colors for every Denjuu ($034800-$034D6F), there's some data right after that (which I haven't found yet), with no empty room afterwards.

Basically, it's really hard to put in more Denjuu, so you have to replace it with existing Denjuu.
If I get rid of any denju, will there be any space left?
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

I think you'll have to make all 174 Denjuu, otherwise you'll have to find some way to make sure those unwanted Denjuu don't appear in the game.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Milnivri wrote: I think you'll have to make all 174 Denjuu, otherwise you'll have to find some way to make sure those unwanted Denjuu don't appear in the game.
So i'm guessing no one here knows how to edit the dex on the roms.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kid Sonic wrote:
Milnivri wrote: I think you'll have to make all 174 Denjuu, otherwise you'll have to find some way to make sure those unwanted Denjuu don't appear in the game.
So i'm guessing no one here knows how to edit the dex on the roms.
Edit tiles, edit pallettes, edit names, edit descriptions, edit base stats. Though do we have the offsets for the evolutionary stage and type of each Denjuu? Those would need to be edited too.