Re: Are those things repointed?

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
telefangfan(imported)

Post by telefangfan(imported) »

1-Are those english pointers or japanese ones?
Graphics: http://wikifang.meowcorp.us/wiki/Wikifang:Telefang_1_Translation_Patch/Graphics
Text: http://wikifang.meowcorp.us/wiki/Wikifang:Telefang_1_Translation_Patch/Text_dump

2-Can I use the following method to calculate telefang power's pointers?Also...I think pointer is where graphic/text starts,right?
Spoiler!
2 Byte Pointers

Game Boy (and Game Boy Color) pointers are typically two bytes long. They are often contained in the same bank as the data that it is supposed to point to, and is usually directly above or below the data. To calculate a pointer from a Game Boy game:

Take the offset that you wish to point to
Take the last four digits of the offset, and cut off the rest
The most significant bit will always be 0, and the second most significant bit will always be 1. In other words:
If the offset is from 0000-3FFF, add 4000 to the offset.
If the offset is from 4000-7FFF, do not add anything to the offset.
If the offset is from 8000-BFFF, subtract 4000 from the offset.
If the offset is from C000-FFFF, subtract 8000 from the offset.
Because Game Boy is little endian, switch the first two digits with the last two. Note: In rare cases, some games, such as Donkey Kong Land 2 or Donkey Kong Land III, will store pointers in big endian, in which case reversing is not necessary.

Example: $1201FA is the offset you wish to point to.

Take the offset $1201FA
Take the last four digits: $01FA
Since $01FA is between 0000-3FFF, you add 4000, so you get $41FA
Because Game Boy is little endian, you take the 41FA, switch the 41 and FA around to get FA41
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

You obviously don't care enough to post your question in the proper section of the board.
This is what the Telefang ROM hacking section looks like: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Tulunk_Village/forum/64296/
You can find it by going to the main page of the forum and scrolling down. ^^

And again, you really only need one topic to ask all of these questions in. So far you've made 7 topics for it, in 3 different sections of the board. It's getting annoying. Please choose one of the topics you made in the ROM hacking section and post your extra questions in there.

I moved this topic and the bootleg games topic you made to the proper sections, but if it happens again I will just delete the topic instead.
Use common sense when deciding where to post new topics, please.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

OK, first of all, post your threads in the proper forum. This belongs in the Telefang ROM hacking forum, not the off-topic one.

As for your first question: The graphics are from the Japanese ROM, and the dialogue is too. For anything under the Lists section, offsets for both the Japanese version and the English patch are included.

As for your second question: Yes, that does work for Telefang. In fact, I wrote that on Datacrystal with Telefang in mind (that example offset, 1201FA, is the starting addresses of one of the strings of text in Telefang, for both the Japanese version and the patch).
telefangfan(imported)

Post by telefangfan(imported) »

i thinked this wasn't "patch-related" or i would have chosen that topic.i'll pay attention from now on,i didn't really thinked about seven topics o.o
-If i re-point two or three graphic elements,need i to repoint the whole graphics?
-I wanna include in a table:
è
é
ù
à
ò
ì

Where can i find an online ascii to hex tool in order to convert them?