patch related questions

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
telefangfan(imported)

Re: patch related questions

Post by telefangfan(imported) »

oh luck,2 bytes...when does it use 3-bytes ones?
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

For a speed patch we would need to:

1. Finish the power patch.
2. Strip all title screen modifications from a copy of the translated power version.
3. Create a patch from this modified Power rom.
4. Apply the patch to a Telefang Speed rom.
5. Modify the speed version title screen.
6. Modify dialogue where required.
7. Make any necessary fixes.
8. Create a patch.
9. ????
10. Profit!
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

andwhyisit wrote:2. Strip all title screen modifications from a copy of the translated power version.
Not just this; all compressed graphics have different locations in speed. Fun!
wrote:oh luck,2 bytes...when does it use 3-bytes ones?
Compressed graphics table and the text pointer supertable (a pointer table pointing to other pointer tables).
telefangfan(imported)

so,in order to translate,i only need to move the pointers up with 2-bytes-calc method?i hope i can...
telefangfan(imported)

-When using lameboy emulator on a DS flashcard,does the trade/vs mode work?it would be awesome if yes
-Also,which tile is the one for "index full" etc?in this page http://wikifang.meowcorp.us/wiki/Wikifang:Telefang_1_Translation_Patch/Graphics
-Is there a tile for in-battle denjuu infos? like http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc164/andwhyisit/v65bug.gif
I think techno denjuu isn't part of text-dump but part of the tile...?
-I know thingyv can dump and re insert text (before you say anything yes,i know how to get around the pointer thing).Are there any other software that can dump and reinsert text?
So.Those might be my last questions (finally,isn't it?XD) then i could serenely think on how putting efforts to re-translate this in italian.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

wrote:-When using lameboy emulator on a DS flashcard,does the trade/vs mode work?it would be awesome if yes
Unrelated, but no; Lameboy doesn't support multiplayer.
wrote:-Also,which tile is the one for "index full" etc?in this page http://wikifang.meowcorp.us/wiki/Wikifang:Telefang_1_Translation_Patch/Graphics
It's uncompressed, so it's not there. It can be found in the ROM using Tile Molester or similar. Before you ask, no, I don't know the location; just scroll down until you find it.
wrote:-Is there a tile for in-battle denjuu infos? like http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc164/andwhyisit/v65bug.gif
I think techno denjuu isn't part of text-dump but part of the tile...?
Techno Denjuu is also uncompressed in the ROM.
wrote:-I know thingyv can dump and re insert text (before you say anything yes,i know how to get around the pointer thing).Are there any other software that can dump and reinsert text?
Yes, my custom dumb dumper and inserter that I don't plan to release until I rewrite it a bit, since a lot of things still have to be done manually now.
telefangfan(imported)

uhm,as uncompressed you mean it's a builded tile instead of a scrambled one?
If i need edit "techno denjuu" sign,need i to edit all the denjuu infos tiles or just one?
does "thank you for your playing" exist?
does "thank you for your playing" exist?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

wrote:uhm,as uncompressed you mean it's a builded tile instead of a scrambled one?
No, I mean it's an uncompressed tileset instead of compressed. Uncompressed graphics can be edited directly in the ROM, while compressed ones have to be uncompressed, edited one-by-one, recompressed and repointed.
wrote:If i need edit "techno denjuu" sign,need i to edit all the denjuu infos tiles or just one?
I don't know what you mean. You'd need to edit Natural Denjuu, Techno Denjuu, Demon Denjuu etc. all separately.
wrote:does "thank you for your playing" exist?
Maybe?
telefangfan(imported)

I don't know what you mean. You'd need to edit Natural Denjuu, Techno Denjuu, Demon Denjuu etc. all separately.-----------------------> i mean: denjuus are more than 150,need i to edit this on all denjus info or there are tiles for technk,demon,etc separately from a screen when denjuu infos appear?
Also...
Dp=?
HP=health points?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

wrote:I don't know what you mean. You'd need to edit Natural Denjuu, Techno Denjuu, Demon Denjuu etc. all separately.-----------------------> i mean: denjuus are more than 150,need i to edit this on all denjus info or there are tiles for technk,demon,etc separately from a screen when denjuu infos appear?
Obviously not! That would be stupid, Techno Denjuu is just once in the rom and loaded when needed.

DP stands for Denma points.