Re: Telefang 1 Sprite Revamp Project

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
Punica-9000(imported)

Post by Punica-9000(imported) »

sorry for bumping... but, in what amount of time this awesome
patch will be done? i want to see your art... it seems better than
the mine... i want to see that punisto xD
ok, good luck if this project is not abandoned...
also, i can combine the english translation patch
with your patch (when it's done)?

PS: i submitted my beebalm revamp, and
maybe you can post the your to compare
them =)
if you don't want there is no problem
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Punisto was actually the very first sprite I did for the project - it was just an experiment to see if I could make it look closer to the official art, then I liked how it looked enough to start doing more and more of them =)

The project isn't abandoned, but I've been focusing on other things for a while. I'll move back to it eventually, though I don't know when that'll be. Also it should be totally compatible with the translation patch, since they change different things. There's no conflict if you use both of them.

Here's Beebalm, also. I'm not entirely happy with how his scarf turned out, I might change it at some point... dunno.

The sprites are limited to four colors (including white) so they're more redraws/restyles than traditional sprite revamps (which usually increase the amount of colors used.)
Punica-9000(imported)

RacieB wrote:Image
Punisto was actually the very first sprite I did for the project - it was just an experiment to see if I could make it look closer to the official art, then I liked how it looked enough to start doing more and more of them =)

The project isn't abandoned, but I've been focusing on other things for a while. I'll move back to it eventually, though I don't know when that'll be. Also it should be totally compatible with the translation patch, since they change different things. There's no conflict if you use both of them.

Here's Beebalm, also. I'm not entirely happy with how his scarf turned out, I might change it at some point... dunno.

The sprites are limited to four colors (including white) so they're more redraws/restyles than traditional sprite revamps (which usually increase the amount of colors used.)
so, the mine is for a GBA game?
*i made a hagumanoki revamp too*
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Yeah it would work on GBA =) The only GBA revamp I made was Lampgera, sprites with more colors are a lot harder for me to work with.

I like it but I didn't feel like doing a full set of four front/back sprites for him..!
Punica-9000(imported)

Dx
then the mines are a mix GBC/GBA?
i created something new xD
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Finally got around to actually compiling all of the completed sprites in one image:

(a few might differ slightly from whatever is in the patch cause I haven't been able to keep them straight over the years...)
Jade(imported)

Post by Jade(imported) »

Looks amazing