Re: The Bugsite translation patch

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of other Smilesoft/Rocket games here.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

andwhyisit wrote: Maybe I can work out a way to fit in an extra character for the word "attack".
Well you could remove one from "Wait". But, it would overflow...
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote: However, it's still possible that a capital i is used somewhere where it shouldn't. Please report that.
Capital I report:
The bid option under guardian's market is currently written as "BId".
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Haha, thanks. I'll fix it when I return home... *adds to to-do list*
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Capital I reports:
- The attack "Kick" is written as "KIcK".
- Teleport location names are littered with I-related miscapitalisations. I could get a screenshot of it if needs be.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Teleport location names? So that's where the text is used! Kimbles translated it, but we didn't figure out where it belongs to (it's not the map anyways), so I didn't bother fixing the Is. I'm not that far in the game, so I can't teleport yet.

Anyways, yeah, the screenshot, please ? :O
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote: Teleport location names? So that's where the text is used! Kimbles translated it, but we didn't figure out where it belongs to (it's not the map anyways), so I didn't bother fixing the Is. I'm not that far in the game, so I can't teleport yet.

Anyways, yeah, the screenshot, please ? :o
After beating the Air Zone (Ruger) you are taken back to the Real World, given a few cutscenes, then all Bugsite access points everywhere just die on ya. Returning to the Ruger access point and talking to the people there will get you an item that can teleport you to anywhere you have already been in Bugsite or to the Real World.

I'll get some screenshots for you later today (in my time zone that is).
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Okay, here's Bugsite translation patch version 19.
There is some more stuff Kimbles translated in, other then what Andwhy noted, but I don't quite remember what. Oh well XD
(oh, and what your mom says at the beginning is cut in half - don't mind that please, I can't quite figure out what to do with it yet)

Oh, and Andwhy, could you please help me get further in the game? XD I got kinda stuck in the first Sting area... I was in the cafe or whatever, then I returned and I can't go back in there, and I talked to everyone and couldn't figure out what to do.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote:Okay, here's Bugsite translation patch version 19.
There is some more stuff Kimbles translated in, other then what Andwhy noted, but I don't quite remember what. Oh well XD
(oh, and what your mom says at the beginning is cut in half - don't mind that please, I can't quite figure out what to do with it yet)
Yay! :D
Sanky wrote: Oh, and Andwhy, could you please help me get further in the game? XD I got kinda stuck in the first Sting area... I was in the cafe or whatever, then I returned and I can't go back in there, and I talked to everyone and couldn't figure out what to do.
Cafe? Do you mean in the resort area? Are you inside the building?

To exit the main building in the resort area you need to go to the exit at the bottom (it's blue), hit the "A" button, go though some dialogue, then choose "yes".

To enter the building I would recommend going to the blue square in the middle of the resort area and using the "A" button.

Seriously I am pulling answers out of a hat here because I have no idea what you are trying to ask. :blink: A screenshot, save file, or a more detailed description would be nice.

I really need to get around to making that bugsite guide.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Uh, I'm here. I did something in there (my memory sucks, sorry), then I returned and I can't go back. I've talked to everyone but nothing happened. Any help? D:
Sorry I can't support a more detailed description ):
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote: Image
Uh, I'm here. I did something in there (my memory sucks, sorry), then I returned and I can't go back. I've talked to everyone but nothing happened. Any help? D:
Sorry I can't support a more detailed description ):
Have you checked to see if you obtained any new passwords? If you have then I would recommend using them at the Sting site gate to access the other three Sting servers.