Re: The Bugsite translation patch

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of other Smilesoft/Rocket games here.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

LATEST PATCH VERSION - v26 - http://sanky.rustedlogic.net/etc/BugsitePatchv26.ips

Original post below.
It's here.

The Bugsite translation patch.

Click here for screenshots.

Translated names are translated, the rest is just romanized.

I found various ways to increase space for text, so I didn't have to use pointers yet. This game uses it's own obscure way anyways.

Download patch version 19 here. Apply to a clear Bugsite Beta rom.

Please note there wasn't an lowercase i character, so I had to add it, overwriting the only free space, because everything looked just too weird. Plus there's lowercase j and k missing, but that's nothing major.
However, it's still possible that a capital i is used somewhere where it shouldn't. Please report that.
... please report all mistakes D:

Please mind Kimbles did all the translating! XD

E: Old screenshots and version here. Please see the latest post.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

v16?! Sounds like you guys have been busy. :)

Anything you need help with? It would be good to have a list of things we have left to do in order to finish off all of the menus and non-dialogue text. A character table would also help.

Sorry, but I am itching to help out.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Yeah, I'm saving lots of versions to avoid breaking and having to redo things XD

We started at one location and Kimbles translated houndreds of things down from there. I guess I have located almost all text from the game, it just needs to be translated. Woo!

Sorry, here's the chartable for Windhex. It was a pain to make D:
It may be missing some things and/or having something more. For example, the Yen ¥ symbol is at the exact same font location as in the game, but works only as a new line D: (so I replaced the 円 kanji to it).
.. that makes no sense, nevermind D:

There's nothing much you could do, stuff just has to get translated. But if you can help, by all means, do! XD Thanks.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Well is sounds like an easier game to translate than Telefang. *drools over 10-char name limit*
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

It's actually 16-char name limit, but it causes minor graphic errors, so... XD
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I am wondering, wouldn't it be better to use "Fight" or "Hit" instead of "Attck"?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

I already used fight when you start a battle (fight/flee/auto), and it was a different word here (meaning attack).

About the patch, well, Kimbles got more stuff translated, but we ran out of space in one dialogue \:
So far, I only replaced the Japanese with the translation, using as much as shortcuts I could without shortening it, but..
I should upload the newest version.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote: I already used fight when you start a battle (fight/flee/auto), and it was a different word here (which means attack).
If there isn't a 5-char limit on "Fight" (from fight/flee/auto) then I would suggest changing it to "Engage".
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

There is. I even added more characters by shortening the new line from three to two characters by just removing the middle one o.O

Plus it actually says fight D:
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote:Plus it actually says fight D:
"Engage" means basically the same thing, but it is more appropriate in this context.

Maybe I can work out a way to fit in an extra character for the word "attack".