Re: Kakutou Ryouri Densetsu Bistro Recipe!

Even though Telefang is a great game, there are other great games out there! Discuss games other than Telefang in this forum.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

a.k.a. "Fighting Cooking Legend Bistro Recipe"
a.k.a. "Fighting Foodons" D:

It's a monster-raising RPG, where the monsters are food. D: Yes.
The monsters are called Foodons, and they are made by cooking food then touching it with a "recipe card", which brings it to life. The Foodons are then stored in the cards and they can be brought out at any time to battle with eachother. A person who cooks and uses Foodons is called a "Bistra". *nod*
You play as young Bistra named Zen, who is travelling across the world searching for his father, Tsukiji, who was captured by the evil Don Cook and his evil army of Bistras, the "Bishocker" (Bishoku = gourmet). *nod*

There were two games for GBC (second was a sequel), and one for the original Wonderswan! [Pic]
There was a highly ridiculous 2-volume manga, serialized in Comic Bom Bom! [Pic] [Pic]
There was a kind of crappy 26-episode anime series! [Opening]
...For which there was a 4kids dub, called Fighting Foodons! No comment. XD [Opening] (Though I haven't seen either.)

Some screens of the first GBC game...

Rather than a top-down view, there's a linear world map with random Bistra battles at each point. The battles are like a simplified Pokemon, with the ability to throw ingredients at your Foodons to power them up, or at the enemy Foodons for status effects, etc. There are lots of Foodon types, such as Egg, Noodle, Rice, Vegetable, Meat... (Egg beats rice but is weak to soup and desserts.) Rather than finding them wild, you make Foodons by winning recipes from battle and collecting the right ingredients to make them. XD There are 180 Foodons total between the two GBC games, with no evolutions. *nod*

I found out about this series before I got into Telefang. XD The games are alright, but it's the sheer weirdness that makes it cool... XD The series is extremely obscure, and there's very little about it on the internet... For a while I thought it would be cool to make a fansite or a forum for it and maybe learn to make a translation patch... But, well yeah. XD It's amazing how many wacky, obscure monster-raising games were actually made that no one ever heard of. XD Awesome. <3
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

If you want help with a translation (on the hacking side of things) or a fansite then I'd be happy to help. :)

You'd have to write the text content for the site and/or do any translation work though. :(

It sounds like a good game. The anime looks a bit childish though.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Bistro Recipe is a game by Smilesoft, shouldn't this be moved to Smilesoft - General?

Anyways, yeah, this game is nice. I played through the first area. Oh, and started a romanization patch. I shoud probably finish it. Yep, I should ^^
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote: Bistro Recipe is a game by Smilesoft, shouldn't this be moved to Smilesoft - General?
No it isn't. Neither is it a game published or created by Rocket. It was created by either Red 5 or Banpresto.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Oh... you're right.
My bad >___<;
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Hey guys! Ryusui may be translating Bistro Recipe down the track.

http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-int...ui-132649.phtml
Kalliekat(imported)

Post by Kalliekat(imported) »

Someone is selling some Kakutou Ryouri Densetsu Bistro Recipe figures on ebay. The lot ends in 5 days though:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kakutou-Ryouri-BISTRO-RECIPE-Figure-Wind-up-set-of-5_W0QQitemZ300342038149QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45edc7ce85&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

They also have the sequel and the wonderswan version on Gamebaz:

http://www.gamebaz.com/?se=bistro+recipe&c=&a=se

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This game looks really neat.
I looked around for the a copy of the original game after reading this topic, but they don't seem to sell it anywhere, not even on Gamebaz. So it must be pretty rare. I bought the sequel instead, since it seemed about the same as the first in terms of gameplay. I'm looking forward to playing it! ^_^

Kalliekat~
SM-dood(imported)

Post by SM-dood(imported) »

That bird-meatball thing is win. I've always wanted a flying meatballl that could battle.
Kalliekat(imported)

Post by Kalliekat(imported) »

The flying meatball bird reminds me a little of Corvus (or in Stellarwind's words: the flying lima bean xD) from Dino Device.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Tulunk_Village/index.php?showtopic=349

Kalliekat~