Has anyone ever played Fossil Fighters?

Even though Telefang is a great game, there are other great games out there! Discuss games other than Telefang in this forum.
Espeon(imported)

Re: Has anyone ever played Fossil Fighters?

Post by Espeon(imported) »

Fossil Fighters is a game for the the DS were creatures known as Vivosaurs are revived from dinosaur fossils. The game stole alot from Pokemon and Dinosaur King, but the plot is really unquie. Vivosaurs also battle 3 on 3 like telefang. I'm glad to say its getting a sequel in November (though I hope it doen't end up like the Telefang games did!)
Caryh13(imported)

Post by Caryh13(imported) »

o.o its in english?
Espeon(imported)

Yeah, but the game did come from Japan.
Though I've never seen the Japanese verison.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I've heard of this game, but I haven't played it. I heard you could only play as a boy even though there's a girl character on the box. Apparently you're going to be able to play as a girl in the sequel. I don't know when it's going to be released in english though.

The Japanese version is here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/960571-fossil-fighters/images/box-100170
Espeon(imported)

The sequel was going to be released July 4th 2011, but for some unknown reason, it was held back.
Apparently it going to be released Nov. 3rd now, and the girl is like your rival in the game.
DeKaFu

Post by DeKaFu »

Haha, I have a game called "Fossil League" which I'd call a ripoff of this if it wasn't apparently a few years older. It wasn't that great. The dinosaurs were realistic instead of stylized and if I remember correctly it had a fairly shallow and straightforward turn-based battle system. I gave up on the game after realizing that none of the really awesome boss dinosaurs were actually obtainable. :/ (Note to people making monster-raising games: don't do this.)

What's the battle system like in this one?
Espeon(imported)

Everything I forgot to but in the first post: The battle system is simple, there is a attack zone, two support zones, and a escape zone. From the attack zone you can attack the support and attack zones, supports cannot attack other supports but only the attack zone they also deal and take less damage, and finally the esacpe zone you cannot attack or be attacked at all and to get there you have to swtich the attack with a support.Though it's simpler than is sounds! You can have only one of each Vivosaur though... Also Vivosaurs have non-realistic bright colors.(Gosh, I just read the review for Fossil League, and Fossil Fighters looks like a clear knock off of it, but Fossil Fighters has better looking dinos!)You can buy Fossil Fighters fairly cheap and probably cheaper on Ebay. I bought mine for $15.00 at walmart.The disappionting part is multiplayer is only local, but the sequel fixes that.
Curryboy(imported)

Post by Curryboy(imported) »

I always wanted to play Fossil Fighters. It seemed really cool. I have also played Fossil League, It had no unusual features. It was very unappealing to me. Oh and DeKaFu you can get the boss dinosaurs by going back to the area you encountered them. I would know, I got Dilophosaurus and a few other dinosaurs like Megalowsaurus,Megalosaurus...something like that,Tyrannosaurus rex, er...I forgot the rest. It's been a while since I played it.
Espeon(imported)

Fossil Fighters is a nice game. Is Fossil League even worth playing?
Curryboy(imported)

Post by Curryboy(imported) »

I would say no. It's just an average game with nothing unique about it. Old style role playing game battles, no special features, short story. No significance whatsoever.