ROBOT PONKOTTSU (Robopon)

Even though Telefang is a great game, there are other great games out there! Discuss games other than Telefang in this forum.
Picrodus(imported)

Re: ROBOT PONKOTTSU (Robopon)

Post by Picrodus(imported) »

Does anybody know if there is a guide book for the gbc? I was looking around for a guide book for ROBOT PONKOTTSU for the gbc, does anyone know where I can find a copy or if such a thing even exists?
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

It does exist, since I used to own one. You can only usually find them on Amazon JP and Yahoo Auctions Japan. You'll need a Japanese proxy service to be able to purchase them though. I'm sure that Hit-Japan on ebay used to sell the guide for Robopon. They don't anymore however.
Picrodus(imported)

This person says you can purchase directly from amazon.jp It is done in six fairly easy steps. http://cdn.halcyonrealms.com/books/how-to-order-from-amazon-japan-a-detailed-buying-guide/ Do you think this is trust able?
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

That site's correct, but it only applies to items sold directly through Amazon.
They generally only list old books on the Amazon Marketplace, which lets other people sell their used stuff... The upside is that they tend to be CHEAP (most of their game guides are only 1 yen!), but they don't ship internationally, so you'll need to find a proxy service or someone in Japan you can send it to if you want to order it. :/

Alternatively you could get it on Yahoo Auctions (which would be slightly more expensive, and still require a proxy service), or you could wait for someone like Hit-Japan to sell it on eBay.

There are actually 2 guidebooks for the first game, one is a regular guidebook from Haoh (like all of the Telefang/Medarot guides) and the other is an "Ultimate Character Book" which might be more like a Pokedex with art and info for all the robots (if it's anything like the Medarot ones).
Here's the Amazon pages for both, showing what they look like:
Normal guide
Character book
Picrodus(imported)

What if it specifically says it ships internationally like this book. The first one for 344 ¥ says it ships internationally. Also, could you recommend a proxy service for amazon.jp Kimbles? Thanks in advance :)
Torchickens(imported)

Post by Torchickens(imported) »

If the guidebook gets listed on Rakuten: Global Market then you might be able to buy it without a proxy service. Rakuten accepts foreign credit/debit cards. You're also not restricted to buying books, CDs and DVDs.

However, various sellers will not ship overseas and/or will only accept EMS shipping. I can suggest surugaya-a-too as a Rakuten seller that will sell overseas. I only bought from them once, but they have a lot of stuff and seem to be well received.

wrote:Also, could you recommend a proxy service for amazon.jp Kimbles? Thanks in advance :)
There's a thread about various proxy services here, where Kimbles and KenjuutheDenjuu told me about some good proxy services.

I've recently purchased some items with Japonica Market. They can place a bid on or purchase items from a number of Japanese websites, and not just Yahoo Auctions Japan and they also discount on the commission fee if you're buying multiple items.

You don't have to register with them either, as it's all done by email.

I haven't received my items yet, but I've had a good experience with them so far.

I hope this helps.