Generation V Just Around The Corner?

Discuss the Pokémon series of games here.
RacieB

Re: Generation V Just Around The Corner?

Post by RacieB »

I like it because it hardly has to be changed at all to be completely a Denjuu =D

Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yep, I have heard of those two Pokémon before. I wonder what role they'll play in the movie? (Although the only movies I've ever seen were the first two... and now there are 13?) Will it be a legendary? Probably. Or maybe some overrated non-legendary Pokémon like Pikachu or Lucario.

And yes, they do look a lot like Denjuu. Zoroa Zorua sort of looks like Rupicola (not exactly, but it does remind me of it). Zoroark looks like some other Denjuu that I can't really recognize at the moment. They don't resemble Denjuu as much as Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar, or Heatran (the latter of which looks like Doomsday), though... Oh, and RacieB's drawing of Zoroark looks a hell of a lot better than the official artwork.

Also, there are two weird things about the katakana and romaji. First, the obvious one, and you may have guessed that I would being this up from looking at the previous paragraph... Why is the katakana ゾロア, but the romaji is Zorua? Shouldn't it be Zoroa? After all, ロ is ro and ル is ru. That makes no sense to me... did someone at Game Freak mess up the romanization? It almost reminds me of Diamond/Jade where the bootleggers would arbitrarily change vowels for no reason...

Second, I read on Bulbapedia that the first part of the names Zorua and Zoroark come from the Spanish word "zorro", which means "fox". If that's the case, then why are the katakana names ゾルア ゾロア and ゾロアーク instead of ソロア and ソロアーク? After all, the "z" sound in Spanish sounds like "s" in English, except in Spain, where it sounds like the "th" in "think". Either way, "s" and "th" would both have an "s" sound in Japanese, not "z". Maybe Game Freak doesn't know Spanish pronunciation... O_o

One last thing: With all these generations, how many Pokémon will there be? Over 600? In a few years from now, there will be over 1,000! Maybe Pokémon should take the Telefang 2 approach and get rid of some Pokémon, especially useless ones like Farfetch'd, Unown, Luvdisc, Pachirisu, etc. I've never gotten all the Pokémon in any game, except for Red twice and Gold once. And since it's getting harder and harder every time, then how does anybody expect to get every single species anymore?
StellarWind(imported)

Post by StellarWind(imported) »

Yeah, they HAVE decided to romanize it 'Zorua' instead of 'Zoroa' - but these are the same retards who officially romanized 'Dogorm' as 'Dogohmb' and I can think of a bajillion other examples from Generation 3 that seem to have been romanized by retarded monkeys on typewriters.

And dude. A Legendary? It has a pre-evolution. It cannot be legendary. XP It pretty much IS Lucario Redux. I mean, even the movie. Lucario's movie featured Mew as the primary legend with cameo appearance from the Regis Philbin... And THIS movie features Celebi as the primary legend with cameo appearances from the Three Legendary Dogs Cats Gerbils Jesus Christ It's A Lion Get In The Car Beasts. They honestly AREN'T even trying anymore. xD

Bah. Not like we watch these movies for their PLOT anyway.
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

I stopped watching the movies after lucario O.o

Pokemon died with turtwig. So. I said it.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

I've only seen The First Movie and Pokémon 2000. I'm pretty uncultured.
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

Don't worry, you haven't missed anything. Those two were the only good ones.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Re: Romaji, Game Freak has done nonsensical trademarked romaji names in the past, and ru/ro is pretty tame by comparison. My favorite example...

Plusle = プラスル = Prasle
Minun = マイナン = Minun

And a random image showing that those are indeed the official ones they actually use on merchandise -
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

StellarWind wrote:The sad thing, Andwhy, is that I probably knew of this picture Racie drew before you did. >>;
I had RacieB on my watch list so I knew about it on the same day she submitted it to dA. That means I knew about it 9 days before I posted about it. This isn't twitter, we don't talk about things as they happen but rather when they come up in conversation.

Unless of course you know RacieB IRL, or did she mention to you that she was working on that picture before she released it?
StellarWind(imported)

Post by StellarWind(imported) »

Sadly I can't say that I know her IRL - Large, inconveniently placed bodies of water kinda get in the way of that, y'know. But the idea came to her while we were discussing the silhouette over MSN - and I actually witnessed the creation process. XD

But yeah. This doesn't really have to do with anything. XP
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

Ahh I want those Plusle and Minun cars x3

Controversial statement: I like Zorua and Zoroark! They're cool! Zoroark has Denjuu anatomy and a cool design, and Zorua is super cute! Lucario redux and/or furbait they may be, but they're a good start to the fifth gen that isn't a preevolution. It shows they're trying new things. I mean, seriously: demon foxes that disguise themselves as humans? Is that anything but cool?

...Also, I sprited them.