Generation V Just Around The Corner?

Discuss the Pokémon series of games here.
StellarWind(imported)

Re: Generation V Just Around The Corner?

Post by StellarWind(imported) »

So. We've had quite a few announcements lately that suggest that the next generation of PokeMon games may be coming our way. It started with assorted bits of news from Japan about a 'surprising' key PokeMon in the upcoming 13th PokeMon Movie, "Phantom Ruler Z" (Yes, Silliest name for a movie. Ever.) to be revealed soon - and some statements about it being a whole new PokeMon (or perhaps a new form of an existing PokeMon).

And today, the official Japanese website declared that Game Freak are currently developing a whole new series of PokeMon games - and that they're going to be RPG-based. The press release also suggests there would be new PokeMon involved - though we still don't know if it's a whole new generation or a strange spinoff.

They HAVE however, announced that these new games, to be released before the end of 2010, are intended as "An inventive rebirth, featuring completely new ways to play and new Pokémon." In other words, even if we're looking at coming RPGs... They probably wouldn't be the same turn-based battling we're used to. Game Freak HAVE announced their want to reinvent the franchise before and introduce more action. Whether or not this is a worrying sign for fans of the series as it is remains to be seen.

So. What do you suppose those crazy bastards have schemed up? And what are your expectations from new bunches of PokeMon?
She's a Witch!(imported)

Post by She's a Witch!(imported) »

Okay, I've seen this, and I really hope they reinvent the series. Why? Because, I'm tired of the traditional Pokemon games. I've moved on now. If it is more of the same, I don't really care, and I'll just see it as more spriting.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I have been waiting for this. A change in the series is highly welcome and long overdue.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Source and more information:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pok%C3%A9mon_RPG_Announced

I have also heard of this.
I'm going to do the same thing as I did (and am indeed doing) with HGSS - that is, I'll avoid all spoilers about the game and make sure I won't ruin the surprise. I can't wait to see what they'll think of, though.
It's kinda soon, I think :/
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

If there's a generation V coming, I hope it's more original than generation IV. Please, no over-the-top legendaries.
Really. Pokémon has gotten less and less original over time. I bet you they're coming with a flying eyeball this time, as some all-seeing deity.
StellarWind(imported)

Old news by now, but...

Generation 5 is go, and these are its harbingers. Zorua and Zoroark, the Evil Fox and Monster Fox PokeMon, respectively. Both pure Dark-types, and while their ability at the moment is unknown (which is a sure-fire indication to that it's a brand new one), it's assumed that it has to do with shape-shifting or weaving of illusions.

Zoroark, supposedly, will be the key PokeMon of the upcoming 13th PokeMon Movie, 'Illusion Ruler Zoroark' (or 'Phantom Champion Zoroark' as Serebii translated it). What part does it have to play in the main conflict is still unknown.

Considering how the key legendary in this movie is Celebi and this is an anthropomorphic creature with some vague canine qualities...

Movie 8 all over again? Most likely.

(Also, Zoroark TOTALLY has Denjuu anatomy. WTF.)
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

StellarWind wrote:(Also, Zoroark TOTALLY has Denjuu anatomy. WTF.)
You're not the first to notice.

http://racieb.deviantart.com/art/Zinnia-153167127
StellarWind(imported)

The sad thing, Andwhy, is that I probably knew of this picture Racie drew before you did. >>;
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

I... don't really like them :/ Zoroa is a little bit cute, but Zoroaark, whatever I don't.
Zoroa looks like a boring recolor of Eevee/Vulpix/Delcatty and Zoroaark is boring.
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

I'm really tired, so for now I'll just say I DISAPPROVE of these pokemon. Maybe I'll edit this post later.