Re: Generation V Starters!!

Discuss the Pokémon series of games here.
UltimateDemonDog(imported)

Post by UltimateDemonDog(imported) »

Eh, personally I think the bottom left on looks like a water-type. It just has that slender kind a shape for a Pokemon that would like to swim.
wrote:There are some useless, forgotten ones that I don't like anyway, such as Farfetch'd, Unown, Luvdisc, Pachirisu, and loads of others that are just lost.
'ey, Pachirisu is one of my faves. Nintendo can't possibly get rid of Farfetch'd, because in every game they make a point to make it suck in all ways possible.
wrote:Chuggaaconroy: Farfetch'd must have spilled coffee on one of the game designers or something when the games were being made, because they have made it absolutely suck to the point of being completely useless in every game.
Unown has to stay for obsessive collectors. Luvdisc... I think they can get rid of it, but although no one actually uses it, it is sometimes used symbolically, like on signs or in the "love checker" app on the poketch. Case and point, there aren't really too many Pokemon that don't have some significance, but there are a lot that people would object to, but no one would even notice are missing if they are taken out.
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

Tkallab wrote:Generation five, no matter how stupid it will be, some people will still love it.
Including me.
And me. ;) I also hope gamefreak will change the battle system. I find the current one kind of boring.
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

My whole life I have been hoping for a hack and slash-like pokemon game.
But that would only be in spinoffs... Not for the main 5th gen game.

If they change the battle system they shouldn't change it too much; it will scare faithful fans away.
(To be honest, I'd like to see fish pokemon unable to battle on land and stuff, though it would be a helluva task to keep the game fair. But I want my pokes realistic!)
By the way...

I just hate the water starter.
Edit: and the grass one.
Edit again: and the fire one.

(Post edited to link to updated URL -- someone changed the filename slightly. --Blaziken257)
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

I like the sea otter pkmn the best although it reminds me of a snowman. The piggy one looks like a combination of Grumpig and Turtwig and the lizard one reminds me of treecko *Lol's at it's legs*.

Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Aaaaauuuugh

Well, maybe the evolutions will be better? ^^;

Honestly though I don't mind the grass one too much. XD I was hoping it would be a reptile... The only one that really bugs me is the water one, since its face is so ugly. D: I dunno, I think they'll grow on me.

The new trainers look pretty cool. XD
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

Things I don't mind:
Body shapes

Things I do mind:
Lizarduck's eye
Piggy's Snout
Piggy's Colors
Ugly Guy's FacaaaaauuuuuuughMYEYES!
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Oh... god...

The green thing is pretty cool, but the GIGANTIC EYE is so terrible :( I like it, though. I think its evolution's second type will be psychic, but I'm not sure here.
The pig is awesome but I HATE ITS FACE. Seriously! That's like, the most generic eye and mouth you can slap on anything! My tip for the evolutions' types is dark or ground.
The blue panda/koala/otter-thing is :<. Evolutions will probably be ice.

Girl: NOT IMPRESSED. Seriously, I swear they're getting worse every game.
Kris was awesome! I mean, blue hair and all! May was pretty cool, too! Leaf was a good comparison to Red. Dawn was pretty mediocre, but not bad. Soul (or Kotone or Idunno) is terrible, they should have kept Kris. And now this ? :/

Anyways. My opinions!
UltimateDemonDog(imported)

Post by UltimateDemonDog(imported) »

As weird as it may sound, I almost always pick the female character because the males usually look the same. This isn't much of an exception, he looks like either a punk version of Red, or Jayden/Dan from YuGiOh GX/Bakugan (I swear they're the same person!). I like this girl's design, actually, but how does she get her hair like that with a hat on? The much hair can't possibly fit through the back of a baseball cap.

For the starters, I actually really like them, for the most part.
Tsutaja's eye is a good feature IMO, but really, how is that a snake?
Pokabu is definitely generic, and I don't really like the starter being a pig >.<
Mijumaru's head just doesn't fit on its body. In the respect, it's a lot like Piplup, whose head looks like it way just screwed on or something. The face looks fine, I think, except for the nose. Ugh!
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I actually like that Fire one. Could this be the first Fire/Psychic? After all, many starters have unique type combos for the most part.

Either way, I'm going to choose that one!

Oh yeah, and the names are supposed to be ツタージャ (Tsutaaja), ポカブ (Pokabu), and ミジュマル (Mijumaru). Of course, those are just their Japanese names...
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Whoever designed the pokemon from gens 1-3, re-hire them. I swear that the pokemon designs are degrading over time.