What is Your biggest mess-up in pokemon?

Discuss the Pokémon series of games here.
Locololo(imported)

Re: What is Your biggest mess-up in pokemon?

Post by Locololo(imported) »

Espeon wrote:Haha! Nice avatar, I have Funboost's sprite here: http://espeonz4ever.deviantart.com/gallery/31900461?offset=24#/d45v0vr
Blaziken257 wrote:In general, they increase one stat (other than HP) by 10%, and decrease another stat by 10%, although there are 5 natures that do nothing. Here's a more detailed explanation:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature
Oh no! My Shiny Meinshao has sassy, I need quiet!
happy i not the only one who had no clue when it came to natures
Espeon(imported)

Post by Espeon(imported) »

Hey, I found a nature glitch, Meinshao had Sassy, now it has Naughty. Can someone tell me what happend? ^o)
Lord Boo(imported)

Post by Lord Boo(imported) »

Well, my biggest mess-up in Pokemon was a bit crazy. Eleven years ago, I learnt the cloning trick for Pokemon Gold and Silver games, so I decided to get some extra Master Balls. After, I traveled to Kanto and tried to capture a Slowking. I wasted all my Master Balls trying to get that Pokemon, but it was from another trainer. For me, that waste of time wasn't really a problem, because I transferred to my Pokemon Blue cartridge a Machop equipped with a Master Ball. Unfortunately, I didn't found that Machop, so I had to wait some months to get a new Master Ball from a Pokemon Crystal cartridge (my sister bought it from a shop xD).

Yeah... old and crazy days, full of rumors and curious anecdotes xD
SM-dood(imported)

Post by SM-dood(imported) »

Pokemon Emerald was by no means my first Pokemon game, but it was my first true Pokemon RPG. I played that thing for I don't even know how long. It was a part of my childhood, all the time I put into it, how many trades and such I did with my friends, etc.
One day, I was once again playing it a very long period of time, and saved the game. I did notice my SP felt hotter than normal. However, the save was taking a very long time, and then a screen came up with Professor Birch's bag and a timer of the sort telling me not to shut off the game for 1 minute. Me being impatient and worried, I shut it off. When I turned it back on... my data was erased to prevent corruption. You have no idea how bad the little me cried. I still slap myself in the face to this day for doing such a thing. I tried everything from turning it on and off again to seeing if it somehow got saved on my GC memory cart with the Gameboy Player.
Regarding that same cartridge, I gave it away for free to a kid in elementary I used to have a crush on for free. He offered me Pokemon Gold, but the cart had a slight crack towards the bottom in it, so I didn't really want it... I later got another copy of Emerald, only it was off of eBay and was one of those 386+ ALL SHINY POKEMON carts. I mainly just wanted to get Emerald again, and it was a legit copy, just cheated on. I later reset said cart anyway and have been on and off in playing Emerald, my favorite game ever again. I at least wish I kept my original cart though...

I also did some other stupid things like migrating my main FR team over to Diamond without cloning or anything and cloning my Vaporeon and Lugia on Pokemon XD and trading the real ones to Emerald, then to Diamond. I keep the cloned ones on XD, but... somehow it feels different.

I also dropped Pokemon Dash and my original Phat DS in the toilet long long ago... err, I have yet (if ever) to get another copy of Pokemon Dash.
Snugglefox(imported)

Post by Snugglefox(imported) »

SM-dood wrote:Pokemon Emerald was by no means my first Pokemon game, but it was my first true Pokemon RPG. I played that thing for I don't even know how long. It was a part of my childhood, all the time I put into it, how many trades and such I did with my friends, etc.
One day, I was once again playing it a very long period of time, and saved the game. I did notice my SP felt hotter than normal. However, the save was taking a very long time, and then a screen came up with Professor Birch's bag and a timer of the sort telling me not to shut off the game for 1 minute. Me being impatient and worried, I shut it off. When I turned it back on... my data was erased to prevent corruption. You have no idea how bad the little me cried. I still slap myself in the face to this day for doing such a thing. I tried everything from turning it on and off again to seeing if it somehow got saved on my GC memory cart with the Gameboy Player.
Regarding that same cartridge, I gave it away for free to a kid in elementary I used to have a crush on for free. He offered me Pokemon Gold, but the cart had a slight crack towards the bottom in it, so I didn't really want it... I later got another copy of Emerald, only it was off of eBay and was one of those 386+ ALL SHINY POKEMON carts. I mainly just wanted to get Emerald again, and it was a legit copy, just cheated on. I later reset said cart anyway and have been on and off in playing Emerald, my favorite game ever again. I at least wish I kept my original cart though...

I also did some other stupid things like migrating my main FR team over to Diamond without cloning or anything and cloning my Vaporeon and Lugia on Pokemon XD and trading the real ones to Emerald, then to Diamond. I keep the cloned ones on XD, but... somehow it feels different.

I also dropped Pokemon Dash and my original Phat DS in the toilet long long ago... err, I have yet (if ever) to get another copy of Pokemon Dash.
Sadly Nintendo has yet to realise if they don't want kids to turn off the power and losing saves/discovering glitches, they should get rid of the "DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER." It is a well known fact that kids ignore n't on a word.
airshuffler(imported)

Post by airshuffler(imported) »

I forgot to save after a shiny, I felt terrible and had to lie down for a moment ._.
SM-dood(imported)

Post by SM-dood(imported) »

Oh yeah, new biggest mistake: I got a Pikachu 3DS as an Easter gift (weee~), but apparently I set it to 2012 at first for about a week... I now have Pokemon in Black 2 that said they were caught in 2012 and medals obtained, during the months the game never officially existed in English here.
Demonlemon(imported)

Post by Demonlemon(imported) »

Wasted a master ball on zekrom in white 1, should have saved it for kyurem he was a pain in the ass to catch without it

still have both my masterballs in white 2 and i've caught everything except registeel and Regigigas