What is Your biggest mess-up in pokemon?

Discuss the Pokémon series of games here.
Espeon(imported)

Re: What is Your biggest mess-up in pokemon?

Post by Espeon(imported) »

Mine probably was the order of games I played. I wasn't born until 2000 so it isn't suprising i'm a Hoenn girl, but my first game was Blue. Then Pearl, Platinum, Ruby Emerald and Firered, Yellow Gold, Heartgold, Black, White. Stange, huh.

Also I brought Heartgold to the hotel at the beach and something I had had sand in it and RUINED IT!!! So I bought a new one off ebay with all idems
and i'm still working my but off trying to trade enough bidoff for darkri's.

post your mess-up here!
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

In my yellow version I wanted to test out a rumour. So I started a new game with the understanding that I could go back to my existing save afterwards, named my character "PHANTOM" and checked the first box for a rare pokemon and saw nothing. So I switched my box. Then I realized that it was saving the game for this so I quickly restarted the game mid-save. I reloaded my save to find my save data mostly intact with the exception being that every box apart from box 1 had been wiped.

Though my biggest mess up was not backing up my silver version's save data when I had the chance instead of waiting around for the Retrode to support gbc sram dumping. I still regret that.
Espeon(imported)

Lol I bought a used Crystal and there was a egg and I hatched the egg, and a square hatched from it! I forgot you had to SAVE before you change boxes so I couldn't make it an egg again! Then I wasn't alould to take it out of my team, so I went to the day-care and thinkfully I could at least put it there. it borrows the last sprite used in battle (lol I sent out a girl) and in the day care it's two boys looking up and down.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Five_question_marks
Respect Ryhdon IT WAS THE FIRST POKEMON EVER TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

A lot of mine were back when I played Red Version and was therefore new at Pokémon. For example...

- I started out with Charmander and had no idea how type matchups worked. Naturally, I was wondering why Brock and Misty were so tough for me.
- My first Charizard had Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Cut, and Ember. How diverse!
- When I saw Articuno in Seafoam Islands, I didn't know that you only had one chance to catch it, so I talked to it, thinking it was like any other Pokémon on the field (like those in houses). Naturally, I wasn't well prepared and missed out on it. I didn't save before it, either.
-- When I found Zapdos, I recall underestimating it and probably only had a few Ultra Balls and not anything with sleep moves, and I didn't save beforehand.
-- When I found Moltres, I had more Ultra Balls, but when I fought it, it turned out the current box in the PC was full! No, I didn't save here either. How embarrassing...
-- I did catch Mewtwo though, since I did think to save this time and was lucky by catching it with a few Ultra Balls.
- When I played the first time, I used my only Master Ball (this was before I knew about the MissingNo. glitch) on some weak Pokémon. I think it was a male Nidoran, not knowing how valuable the Master Ball was. Oops.
- The first time that I played Crystal, in the Dragon Shrine, I answered one of the questions incorrectly (IIRC, when I was asked "What kind of Trainer do you wish to battle?", I answered "Tough person" instead of "anybody"). So, I sadly missed out on the Extremespeed Dratini :( Although, the second time I played, as well as when I played HeartGold, I was more careful to answer everything correctly.

Thankfully, I never believed in any of the rumors like using Strength on the truck, non-existent Pokémon like "Pikablu," or Pokégods. I was always skeptical about those because nobody could ever prove them to me. (Although, I didn't believe in MissingNo. either at first until someone did show the glitch to me.)
Espeon(imported)

About the Master Ball, on my Pearl I heard you can get more Master balls in that game, and I also thought Drifloon is a one time only Pokemon, well I through my Master ball at it thinking getting more would be easy... though I don't suggest using your Master ball on Palkia & Dailgia anyway because it has a catch rate of like a Chansey.
Locololo(imported)

Post by Locololo(imported) »

my biggest screwup was when i had crystal i released my bayleef that really all i can think off
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

On my Platinum I used a cheating device to go through walls (or people blocking the way) and that messed up the events of the game. That must be my only big screw up.
Espeon(imported)

This kinda is a mess-up. On my Platnium I put the exp. share on a geodude I just caught and left it on there and never used that Geodude and it leveled up and up til finally it was lvl. 40 I started using Gaveler, but I still didn't get rid of its idem so now it's lvl. 85 and it's holding a exp. share.
Caryh13(imported)

Post by Caryh13(imported) »

my biggest mess up is trying do dud glitch (my friend show me on gold/silver) i tried it ON yellow. it worked, i end up got two flameron (fire eevee) and i lost staryu during it. (replaced) :/
Shinkouhyou(imported)

Post by Shinkouhyou(imported) »

I wasted my Master Ball on a Skarmory in my first playthrough of Pokemon Silver.. was my first time seeing it, and I had no idea what it was, I thought it must be rare and awesome..

Then I ran into about a million more of them. >_<

Also, I let a friend borrow my Pokemon Emerald, with the event tickets from the store in NYC on it, and tons of EV trained/rare Pokemon. He's gone now and so is the game...