POKEMON RUBY SECERET!

Discuss the Pokémon series of games here.
Sir Allan Newlight(imported)

Re: POKEMON RUBY SECERET!

Post by Sir Allan Newlight(imported) »

1. YOU NEED
- RS Ball (For confir new pokemon sprites)
- YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor - For edit statistic)
- Pokemon Editor Pro (For give new Attack Table for new Pokemon)
- uNLZgba (For instering new sprites)
- Icon ED (For editing Icons)
- Free Space Finder (For find free spacement in game to add new pictures and data)

2. SPRITE and INSTERING
First we find Sprite of Pokemon which we want add to one from 27 empty places in Pokemon Ruby. For example i chose RESHIRAM.... I searching for palette which is good with RESHIRAM <In ruby it was Groudon Palette code> Now open RS BALL and type numer 252 <From 252 begining (??) - MissingNo. Normaly empty place in game> Now when we typed... We copied palete code (Come by UNLZ.GBA to Groudon sprite And click write to,... You seen SPRITE OFFSET and PALETT offest) Copy palette and post in without Prefix 00 into RSBall in PALLET OFFEST chart... Now we have ?? in another colours... What next? Sprite of new Poke... When you edit by PAINT XP a sprite check in Properties for SIZE in Bytes.... Now open Free Space Finder... And open in that program your rom... Now write Size of picture in Bytes + 10 (If you have 1234 bytes... Write 1244).. Check SEARCH FROM BEGINIG... And INTERVAL change to 1.... First code did you find copy... Now Inster new sprite by UNLZ.GBA to game... Click Write... And in SPRITE OFFSET post with 00 prefix that offest wich was found by FREE SPACE FINDER... If you write it now click Write. Come back to RSBall... Now write code from FREE SPACE FINDER without 00 prefix and click buttom under that... Presto... New Pokemon Sprite was add...
With backsprites use SHINY palette of Pokemon... But use that same Palete as pokemon which palete was take (I use Groudon Normal Palette, and Shiny Palette)

3. Stats, Evolutions, Moves
If you add oryginal pokemon from FURTHER generation use informations from SEREBI.NET... If you use Fakemon... Do everything you want XD

BUGS
Only one... This method can not give you able to add POKEDEX ENTRY... Catched in Wild make's crashes of game.... I preferlly use that method to add to my games SINNOH Evolutions of Existing to THIRD generation Pokemons.... Or for add Legendary Pokemon's Forms.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I saw you mentioned something about adding cries in the IRC, it's been forever since I messed with hacking a gen3 rom but there IS some utility somewhere that will let you add new ones. I messed it up when I tried it though and the sound files I tried to add were too big, so they replaced like a row of regular Pokémon cries whoooops... I ended up using something that let me repoint cries to other existing ones (some real Pokémon share cries anyway) but I forget if it was the same utility or not. Not sure if any of that is helpful, just saying it is possible though =)

The one thing I didn't ever figure out how to edit was footprints...
Sir Allan Newlight(imported)

Post by Sir Allan Newlight(imported) »

I found Easy Method... And do not crush with ATTACK TABLES. You add them in the end of working. Now I found a method to inster IDEAL coloured Pokemons into Empty Place.

1. You must have
- Advanced Sprite Editor
- Advanced Sprite Positioner
- Advanced Icon Editor
- Pokemon Pro Editor
<If you want edit Pokemon Trainers Sprites> RS BALL
- Free space Finder.

2. How inster new sprites.
Make three files <One with Normal palette, Secound with Shiny Pallete, And third with Normal Backsprite> You do not need make Shiny Backsprite file. ADVANCED SPRITE EDITOR do it same. What you must do now.
- Go to path from 252 to 276
- Click EDIT and isnster in to two first windows Normal and Shiny front sprite graphics.
- Click SHARE PALLETES
- When you have uploaded <In lower> Screens two sprites... Click on Upper three window and isnter Backsprite. <This program generate Shiny Backsprite using palletes which you uploaded beafore>
- After this click ok. And later click Write to Rom.
- Open Free Space Finder and search from offset 80000 <A lot of free space was here> And copy first adress which this program found.
- In Write To Room screen paste the adress from FSF to box named START OFFSET. And click REPOINT OFFSET.

And presto.

~~INPORTANT~~
- You do not must convert image from Over MILION colours to 16 colour Mode. ADVANCED SPRITE EDITOR write our palletes into new adress.
- If you inster next Pokemon. You can safety copy next founded offset in FSF. As I said. Offsets from 80000 are free space.
- About Icon instering you must do that same like in ADVANCED SPRITE EDITOR <But use program ADVANCED ICON EDITOR> They have that same functions. But beafore you inster new icons. Repoint that pointer. Or you write an new icon without ? Mark which is Needed to correctly game working

~~~~BEWARE~~~~
Definetly do not change ? Graphic! If you did it you can cause gamecrush... <To bad... I try do Completly Pokemon BLACK Battle graphic patch for Pokemon Ruby... And their MISSINGNO I can't post in those place>