Pokémon X and Y

Discuss the Pokémon series of games here.
RacieB

Re: Pokémon X and Y

Post by RacieB »

Jade Shishigami, finally legitimized. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO6J981nAw xD
Selyte(imported)

Post by Selyte(imported) »

I can't believe it!
At first I immediately think about a fake, but....I'm shocked!!!! It was so fast! XD
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

RacieB wrote:Jade Shishigami, finally legitimized.
First thing I thought of upon seeing it as well.
Takashi(imported)

Post by Takashi(imported) »

Watch Video, open captions.
LAUGH
Snugglefox(imported)

Post by Snugglefox(imported) »

O.o

Bad Youtube!
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Google is quite inaccurate when it comes to voice recognition...

Anyway, recently a new Pokémon has been revealed... and if Mewtwo were to ever have a fusion evolution form, this would be it! Mewtwo already looked odd enough, but this is even more odd to look at. It has a very long tail on its head, which is longer than the rest of its body. Check it out.

Just as a side note, when I first saw this thing, I thought that it couldn't be an evolution of Mewtwo. Remember when everybody thought that Alomomola was an evolved form of Luvdisc, or that Zoroark was an evolved form of Mightyena? How about Shellos being a pre-evolution of Lapras? Or worst of all, remember when people thought that Marill was related to Pikachu? I thought this situation would be no different, but I'm wrong here!
Snugglefox(imported)

Post by Snugglefox(imported) »

i dont remember people thinking zoroark evolved from mightyena, they announced zoroark and zorua at the same time didnt they?
i did think when they showed only the sillouettes of them that zorua was some fire type (probably cos its a fox like vulpix) and zoruark was a grass type (its stance reminded me of grovyle)

i think "Mewthree"/"Buumew"/"MewX" (some fan names ive come across) could be an evolution since they've never made a legendary evolve before
or maybe some fusion of mewtwo and mew?

i think it can be ruled out as a second clone because it will probably be in the film and it would take too long explaining a second clone (ontop of explaining mewtwo to people who didnt see the first 2 movies he appeared in)

the part im most excited about from pokemon x and y is sylveon, in august its gonna get an official plush! (alongside yet more eeveelution plushes) http://pkmncollectors.livejournal.com/14292269.html
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Considering how powerful Mewtwo is in the main games already, i'd guess the newly revealed Pokemon will most likely be a form change similar to Sky Shaymin. Any evolution would make him gamebreaking and legendaries usually never evolve.

I wonder if Sylveon is a normal type Eeveelution? I can't think of any other type that really matches its appearance. It is strange for Eevee to evolve into its own type, especially since they are drastically different looking for being the same type. Maybe all of Eevee's evolutions are treated like stone evolutions despite them being the same type? That's a nice idea considering the trend of Eeveelutions. Sylveon has a nice design. I'm looking forward to seeing how the evolution process works out in-game.

Also, i'm going to have a hard time choosing between the starters again, since they're all so adorable.
Merc

Post by Merc »

Many believe they've kept the type of Sylveon hidden because it's a new type. I've seen so many stupid ideas such as "love type" because of the ribbons.

Personally I think it's just a normal type that evolves through some new method yet to be revealed.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

The new Pokemon has been confirmed as a form of Mewtwo on Serebii.net. I wonder if this will be a permenant change for Mewtwo or whether you'll be able to switch between them? It'll be an interesting choice for sure. It'll probably be like Sky Shaymin if they're doing a form change.