Shi Kong Xing Shou - aka. Space Time Star Beast

Talk about bootleg games in this forum.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Shi Kong Xing Shou - aka. Space Time Star Beast

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

A few months ago I came across an interesting Chinese bootleg known as 'Shi Kong Xing Shou' (lit. Space Time Star Beast). It's a monster battling/collecting RPG that clearly pirates monster designs from quite a few games, specifically Pokemon and also Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children. Knowing bootlegs, it's probably pirated designs from quite a few more games, although i'm not sure which ones. Most of the monsters within it seem to be mash-ups of various ones from other games but the game itself is pretty interesting.

Fuji.drillspirits.net has a webpage about it here. There's also a youtube video of them playing the game here as well.

I'm not sure if the game has ripped designs from Telefang, since the person in the video doesn't get too far into the game to tell and there's also not much information about the bootleg online. Apparently it's also known as 'Spatio Monoster' or 'Timer Monster' and comes on a 12-in-1 GBC multi-cart with other pirated games.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

That bootleg actually seems high quality... at least for a bootleg. It looks playable, even though I can't understand it <_< I didn't see any resemblance to Telefang, although one thing that stuck out to me was at 9:00 in the video, one monster looks very, very similar to Dragonite, except it's blue. And those monsters at the beginning at the game also look like Pokémon, like Mareep and Ho-Oh... Weird.
She's a Witch!(imported)

Post by She's a Witch!(imported) »

...Those graphics look REALLY similar to the bootleg game Digimon 3...
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

It could possibly be a bootleg by the same pirates. The website I posted mentioned it's made by a Taiwanese company called V.fame, who's known for bootleg games. Also, it's funny you should mention the bootleg game Digimon 3, as I was watching a video about it earlier today x3

I noticed the blue dragonite too. I'm not sure if there is also a meowth in there somewhere? It's a long time since i've seen the video. Also, they ripped off two monsters from Devil Children, Quicksilver and Mandrake, both of which are seen to be owned by the characters in the introduction to this game (rival trainers, I think?).
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

That green bird is totally a redone Beat from Mega Man, too.
She's a Witch!(imported)

Post by She's a Witch!(imported) »

Yay, I wasn't the only one who spotted that. ^^
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I really want to get this all of a sudden.

Anyone here from taiwan or know anyone from taiwan? The original cart for this game can only be found in Ruten as far as I can tell, which doesn't ship overseas.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

The sheep monster is either an edit of Mareep or Kazoe Hitsuji (aka Counting Sheep) from Devil Children. It looks almost like it could be an edit of the GBC (Gameboy Color) sprite for Counting Sheep, although i'm not sure. I also noticed the edited Megaman bird too, although I didn't know which character it was, I just recognised the art style x3

I vaguely remember reading you could only find the cartridge in Taiwan/China...but I wonder if it would turn up on ebay?

EDIT: Found pics of the cartridge and some posters for the game!

A poster for the game
Another poster? (In the second row on the right, you'll need to scroll down)
A single cartridge version for GBC
12-in-1 Cartridge (pic of game is in top left hand corner of the cart)

EDIT2: It seems that you can find the game on other Chinese sites than Ruten, like this one I found here.
Aezarce(imported)

Post by Aezarce(imported) »

Oh my god this is intriguing. If only it was in engrish...
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

As far as I know, it's only available in Chinese. It's an intriguing game though...it appears as though it may have had a commercial release in China/Taiwan too since there are posters for it. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: Oh, also, I think the mermaid monster owned by one of the characters in the intro is possible a rip of Sylph or Undine from Devil Children.