Pokemon Great Collections / Kou Dai Guai Shou Da Ji He

Talk about bootleg games in this forum.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Pokemon Great Collections / Kou Dai Guai Shou Da Ji He

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I don't know much about the way ROMs work, but I suppose that is one way they could have edited it. They'd still have to know Japanese to tell that they were the denjuu names though, wouldn't they?

Is it possible for this game to be dumped even though the cartridge is not working? If it is, I could send it to someone here on the forum so it can be dumped. It might be the only way to get a look at it.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Just wondering if it's possible to be able to retrieve this game and turn it into a ROM even if the cartridge is dead? This game really needs a ROM of it I think, especially since copies of this game are practically rare.
Picrodus(imported)

Post by Picrodus(imported) »

I'm wondering if this cartridge isn't region broken or something and might only work on a Chinese or Taiwanese gameboy or something?
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

It's possible, but i'd be surprised since gameboy games are usually region free on all consoles. I'm not sure if the bootleggers who made it would make it region specific or anything. I have seen other copies for sale that people have been able to play on their gameboys with no problem since there was an American seller who'd played one, so I don't think it's that.
Picrodus(imported)

I've got another idea. I remember from earlier on this topic before you had Pokemon great collections that you found someone else another wiki where they were selling a copy of Pokemon great collections. (I'm not talking about barver but that post from 2011 that KenjutheDenjuu found where the game was already sold) I wonder if you could contact the seller to see if they could provide the buyers email to see if they would want to resell the game. Maybe if you told the person you are doing research on the game.... Which you are.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Hm, I don't really think that would be polite to do since the game is already sold and belongs to someone else. I think the person who sold it would want to respect people's privacy and would think it was inappropriate too.

I still don't know if the game could be extracted from a dead cartridge. I'm also thinking about the other Telefang bootlegs that could do with being ROMs as well, like the Chinese Jade pirate with the unedited version of the english Pokemon Jade title screen (it looks really good).
Picrodus(imported)

Sorry
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

No worries, it's just common courtesy to respect a sale once it's completed.
Picrodus(imported)

What should I type in on Ruten to find Pokemon great collections?

Edit: For KenjutheDenjuu. It may be possible to dump your dead cart. =) Depending on the reason its dead. Just look at this thread on PGC forums that's where I asked. http://s4.zetaboards.com/PGC_Forums/topic/9662686/1/#new
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Thankyou for doing that! It seems like the only way is to extract the chip itself then? Hm, seems like the cartridge I have may be unusable if that's the only option. I don't want to open it up and damage it since i'm not an expert and don't have any equipment. I don't know if anyone on the forum would have experience dumping roms that way? I'd have to send the cartridge to someone.

If you're looking for the game itself on Ruten, your best bet would be to copy the Chinese title for the game from the wiki page here: http://wikifang.meowcorp.us/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Great_Collection_(Kou_Dai_Guai_Shou_Da_Ji_He)