Pokemon Great Collections / Kou Dai Guai Shou Da Ji He

Talk about bootleg games in this forum.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Pokemon Great Collections / Kou Dai Guai Shou Da Ji He

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I was browsing some of the bootleg game images at fuji.drillspirits.net and came across a possible new Telefang bootleg that I don't think has been found yet. It's called 'Pokemon Great Collections' or 'Kou Dai Guai Shou Da Ji He' in Chinese. The front of the box has the usual mashup of various Pokemon, as usual for bootlegs, but the most interesting thing is the back of the box which has screenshots from the game itself. All of them are screenshots of Telefang 1, except various Pokemon are in place of the Denjuu. I don't know which game is on the cartridge as no details were given, but if the screenshots match up with the game content, then it's possible that it's a new Telefang bootleg that we haven't seen before. From the screenshots, there is also a possibility that actual Pokemon have been edited into the bootleg, which would be an new and unusual thing compared to the general GBC bootlegs of Telefang which have kept most of the game and characters intact (aside from the Telefang NES bootleg).
Unfortunately, there seems to be next to no information about this particular game on the web, but apparently it is sold on a Chinese site called Ruten.

Here's the back of the box with the Telefang screenshots.

The photo is a little blurry, but you can make out that the screenshots are from Telefang 1. Also, you can see Pikachu and Charmander edited into the game and a shot of the title screen with Pikachu in it. I think the orange coloured phone in one of the screenshots might mean it's a bootleg of Telefang Speed version?

Also, here's the front of the box and the cart and manual.
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

Interesting find . I guess you have to call instead of catching pokemon in that game.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

If the screenshots actually match the real game, you're probably right xD
It seems like they've used the Gold and Silver sprites for the game, since I recognise Pikachu and Charmander's.
Diamond(imported)

Post by Diamond(imported) »

It must be a fun new way to play telefang !

I wonder what took the place of the final boss !
Maybe Mewtwo ?
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Wow, these bootlegs are insane. How do you manage to find all of these? And you gotta love it when bootleggers, once again, try to merge Telefang with Pokémon. It's weird imagining Pokémon in a Telefang game with its plot and all.

Also, that last screenshot (with the battle scene) seems glitchy and looks like what I did when I badly hacked the original ROM once.

EDIT: It's also funny how they can't even spell a simple word like "game" properly. GEMA? Seriously?
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I mostly come across them by chance while searching for other things. There are a lot of bootlegs on Chinese auction sites like PaiPai and Ruten and TaoBao. Looking for stuff related to Shi Kong Xing Shou has turned a few up recently. Plus, there's Youtube and Google and various Chinese and Japanese sites. I found this bootleg on Fuji.drillspirits.net which is like a bootleg listing site. I also found a Telefang 2 bootleg today as well.. it was really surprising to find two in one day xD

I'd really love to see the gameplay of this bootleg to confirm it really is a Pokemon/Telefang hybrid, but it seems pretty rare unless you live in China or Taiwan and can buy from those auction sites with all of the bootlegs listed...i'm not even sure if it's still available anywhere.
MefistaCenobica(imported)

Post by MefistaCenobica(imported) »

Someone mentioned it in BootlegGames wiki
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Please could you link to the page it's mentioned on? I did a search on the wiki but nothing turned up. If there's actually information about this game that would be great, since I coudn't find anything when I searched the net before.
MefistaCenobica(imported)

Post by MefistaCenobica(imported) »

No,no info.Just mention here in "Other related bootlegs" section.
Here it is:
Another version titled 口袋妖怪大集合 exists that is the original Japanese verson of Telefang Speed, but all monsters in battle and on the map are replaced with Pokemon. Interestingly, the piraters also went to the trouble of replacing all monster names with the appropriate Japanese name of the Pokemon in its place.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Thankyou for posting the link and the info. This confirms that the screenshots on the back of the box are accurate to the game and it definitely is a hack of Telefang. If it's a hack of Speed version, that explains the screenshot with the orange D-shot in it. I wonder if there's a hack of Power version like this one out there somewhere too?