Powermon

Talk about bootleg games in this forum.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Powermon

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

While reading this blog about bootleg games, I was led to this page of bootleg game images and I saw this funny Pokemon bootleg i'd never seen before: POWERMON, I CHOOSE YOU!
Demonlemon(imported)

Post by Demonlemon(imported) »

Is it wrong that I acually prefer the pointy eared green sandshrew to the original?
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

It sort of reminds me of Rex a little. The moon on its stomach makes me think Carebears though.. xD

Also, it looks like they tried to transform Pikachu into a raccoon of some sort, while poor Charmander is a green iguana?!
MefistaCenobica(imported)

Post by MefistaCenobica(imported) »

lol,this is sooo funny
monster redesigns are pure win^^
Selyte(imported)

Post by Selyte(imported) »

About powermon I search some information some days ago but i find only two or three images D:
There's no exist other informations about it?
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Well, the game seems to be Korean in origin and is obviously a huge ripoff of Pokemon. It's also for Windows 97/98. Since you mentioned there were pictures, I did a google search :D

Here they are:
Alternate Cover
Another shot of the cover
Powermon Plus (another version of the game?)
A screenshot from the game, plus another Korean Pokemon bootleg with Raichu

Also, here's an unrelated picture I found in the same search, but it's pretty funny: Bidoofados (Bidoof and Gyarados' kid I presume.... xD)
Diamond(imported)

Post by Diamond(imported) »

It looks like a fun game,
I wonder if I will be able to play it one day...
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Unless your computer is able to support Microsoft Windows 97/98 and Korean games, i'd say probably not. It does look like an intriguing game though. I wonder if it's possible to dump computer games? A ROM would be interesting.

EDIT: Found some more information on Kotaku.com: http://kotaku.com/257000/not-pokemon-powermon
wrote:Don't let Pikachu fool you. This is not Pokémon. This is POWERMON. A Korean knock-off that was released back in 2001 for PCs, it features a fire-vomiting, flying electronic rat that throws baseballs, ice cubes and bubbles
Sounds like Pikachu got quite a makeover xD Also, according to this Korean blog it is apparently very difficult to install and has bugs (no surprise, since it's a bootleg). From reading around it also seems to be somewhat known in Korea, and most know it's a bootleg of Pokemon (well, I guess it's pretty obvious since they didn't do a particularly good job of disguising the characters anyway).
Selyte(imported)

Post by Selyte(imported) »

Woah, that's interesting...I want to search some video about it *w*

EDIT: I find some images!
The game on a computer
Back of the box
Screenshots of powermon plus

Fan art, I think...
Another fan art
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Wow, those are nice finds! Where did you search for them?

EDIT: Since this thread has now become a discussion about Powermon rather than Pokemon Crystal, I edited the title and my original post. I'll repost the Crystal information in a seperate thread.

EDIT2: Done! The thread for Pokemon Crystal is now up. By the way Selyte, you're right about the two bottom links being fanart. Pixiv is an image hosting site that has a lot of Japanese fanart and pictures. It's a really good place to look up fakemon as well, the Pokemon crossovers are pretty funny.