Shui Hu Shen Shou/Sheng Shou Wu Yu

Talk about bootleg games in this forum.
Demonlemon(imported)

Re: Shui Hu Shen Shou/Sheng Shou Wu Yu

Post by Demonlemon(imported) »

Wow, thats a real book

I love the pages with all the monsters, I might be able to recolor my rips to have their proper pallets with the help of those
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Here's the guidebook scans for Sheng Shou Wu Yu: http://postimage.org/gallery/c1z5zke/19892903/

Also, here's a bootleg port of Shui Hu Shen Shou that Waixing did: http://postimage.org/gallery/17805si0/2d6ea2bf/
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Found some game footage of Sheng Shou Wu Yu from Nusuttosan on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8xyQ5uu_9w
Snugglefox(imported)

Post by Snugglefox(imported) »

Shui Hu Shen Shou looks like a very elaborate hack of pokemon.
KAGE-008(imported)

Post by KAGE-008(imported) »

Completed both games.
The SNT port of SHSS is the one I should finish. Waixing version had glitches but managed to beat it entirely.
SSWY was rereleased by Li Cheng as Dragon Quest 10. Some levels are extended; dunno about the maximum LV you can reach since I completed the game with LV 91 monsters.
fergzilla(imported)

Post by fergzilla(imported) »

I gotta say, I'm really digging the Shui Hu Shen Shou, even though I could barely understand a lick of it. Something about "108" or something. The concept of mixing an ancient Chinese story with monster-collecting is pretty cool.

This has the potential to garner a fanbase. Hey, the only reason that this forum is where it's at now is because of hilarious bootlegs. This even needs to get a fan translation. Or an English guide. Or both. Seriously, I want to be able to catch all the Pokemon creatures.
fergzilla(imported)

Post by fergzilla(imported) »

I can double post, can't I? It's OK as long as the previous post is months apart from this, right?

In any case, I have spent the past week or so working on a text dump/rough machine translation of the Shui Hu Shen Shou monster entries. I used the strategy guide as a base. I broke sweats and worked hard day and night, even staying up some. I drew Chinese hanzi on my tablet to convert it to text. I even had (Engrish-y) help from a chat friend who lives in China to read off some sentences and tell me the real meanings of the words to use in sidenotes. But my life's labor has led up to this:

Here's a MediaFire download of the .rtf file

I also put up the notes on Pastebin, if you don't feel like downloading for some reason. Least the monster entries are Google-able (Baidu-able to China) now.

Since the rough translations are, well, rough, anyone fluent in Chinese and English is welcome to build upon my efforts and "clean up" the English translations. Hopefully, my efforts will help garner enough interest in a full translation.

EDIT: Just for fun, I decided to translate the type strength/weakness chart from the strategy guide. Was definitely a quick job, and probably doesn't need cleaning up. But hey, this might be useful someday. MediaFire link to the chart. Note that the MediaFire preview won't display it properly, "Attacking side" should be on the left of the chart.