Chinese Telefang Speed IPS Files

Talk about bootleg games in this forum.
Ankos

Re: Chinese Telefang Speed IPS Files

Post by Ankos »

To my knowledge, Chinese translations of the Speed version of Telefang 1 have never surfaced. Not too long ago, a guy called Taizou made an update to his emulator that lets it run unmodified ROMs of the Telefang bootleg translations. I won't leave a link to the site since it hosts ROMs, but it is called "Handheld Underground" if you want to find it yourself. Anyways, thanks to that update some ROMs that I ripped from some Chinese bootlegs of Telefang Speed can now be played on that emulator. A while back, I posted an overdump of one of them on another forum. Now that I have ripped it in the correct size, I decided to post an IPS file for it, and a different Chinese language bootleg of Telefang Speed. These only work on Taizou's emulator with unlicensed compatibility mode set to Pokemon Diamond/Jade. Patch them over the original ROM for Telefang Speed. I'll also include pictures of the cartridges. Let me know if you have any questions
Sherkel(imported)

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

Big thanks!! I've always wanted to find as many different versions of the bootlegs as possible.
Ankos

Post by Ankos »

No problem. I actually collect bootleg games. Based on my list I think all that remains without IPS files for bootleg Telefang 1 are: Spanish versions of Speed and Power, German Version of Diamond, and Digimon Data (Which I don't believe even has pictures available). There are probably more that have yet to be discovered though, lots of GBC bootlegs steal assets from Telefang, so there are probably quite a few Telefang hacks
Ankos

Post by Ankos »

Hello everyone. Recently I found a copy of the Spanish version of Pokemon Diamond being sold out of Germany and figured I'd try and dump it. Unfortunately the ROM does not seem to work on any of my emulators, but I decided to post an IPS file for it here, just in case it is possible to extract the text from it (I do not know much about ROM hacking myself). Hopefully this helps someone
Attachments
Diamond ES.zip
(160.29 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Diamond ES.jpg
Diamond ES.jpg (92.74 KiB) Viewed 5567 times
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Interesting, we now have a Spanish dump of Diamond. The pink cartridge looks odd and I've never seen that in any GBC cart (bootleg or otherwise). One question though, is this IPS file supposed to be applied to the English Diamond, or the Japanese Telefang Power? I tried both and the game wouldn't run normally. However, I did notice some altered code that appears to be some sort of copy protection, and I was able to hack it to make it boot to a glitched title screen, but I couldn't make it go past it (so far). I haven't posted a fix yet since I want to make it run the D-Shot menu first.

Ankos

Post by Ankos »

The patch is for the original Japanese ROM. The only other time I saw a GBC cartridge with that color was when there was another Spanish Pokemon Diamond for sale out of Spain, but that one was around $80. Do you think that I should try redumping the cartridge?