Pokémon Diamond & Jade Box-art Scans

Talk about bootleg games in this forum.
si_sjo

Pokémon Diamond & Jade Box-art Scans

Post by si_sjo »

Hello, everyone! I want to achieve a childhood dream of owning Diamond & Jade with their respective boxes etc. But I don't feel like shelling out too much money, so I am considering either making or ordering a reproduction-box from Etsy.

Does anyone have high-res scans of the box-art of either games? It would be cool to gather some high-res scans for archival purposes anyway, I feel. Especially considering there are so many different box-arts for the games.

If anyone were to make some scans after reading this, it would be best to open all the tabs of the box and scan both sides when it's "smashed" so we get the sides of the boxes too. Then you can easily apply it into a box-art PSD template and print it to get a reproduction. You can even print a cardboard tray with the insert for your game cartridge.

I would also love it if anyone also has high-res scans of manuals from either games!

And yes, I know that Telefang is superior to the bootlegs, but I can't be the only one with more nostalgia for the snake and the deer.

---

Also, I have another question: are the bootleg cartridges ever able to save? And if not, do they have batteries which can be replaced to fix the broken save-function?
Ankos

Re: Pokémon Diamond & Jade Box-art Scans

Post by Ankos »

1. Pokemon Diamond and Jade have been around for a long time, so it is hard to say what their original boxes are like. They have had many different releases, so you probably should not worry about having too official looking of a box, because there is a good chance that even if you bought a boxed copy the box would not look like the one that came with the original release of the game. I am sure there is someone out there who would know what the original box looks like, but that person is not me.

2. Manuals have the same complications as the boxes.

3. Yeah, the snake definitely is my favorite of the two as well, because unlike the deer, its origin is unknown.

4. In my experiences most of these bootleg carts can save but may require their battery to be exchanged. A friend of mine once had a copy of Jade where he backed it up with a Magic Editor Card (the yobo one) but found that he could not restore the backup to his cart later on.

Best of luck to you with your searches, I hope you can find a box that you like