Converting to ZetaBoards?

Forum announcements will go in here.
Blaziken257

Re: Converting to ZetaBoards?

Post by Blaziken257 »

There, I made it the default theme. How does this look so far? Does it look OK?
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Yeah, much better. XD Thanks~

The one problem I'm seeing is that the text fields are all medium-red, which looks weird on the dark-red background... I also kind of miss the color switching on each post, but that's more minor. XD

The Denjuu icons really help, but the icons on the topic lists are still a bit too weird... And we'll have to change the On/PM, Off/PM, profile, edit, delete, report, quote, and top buttons so that they're readable and don't clash with the dark backgrounds.... *nod*
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Kimbles wrote:Yeah, much better. XD Thanks~
You're welcome! I'm glad there's a theme you like. :)
Kimbles wrote:The one problem I'm seeing is that the text fields are all medium-red, which looks weird on the dark-red background... I also kind of miss the color switching on each post, but that's more minor. XD
Should I make the red text boxes white then? Or black?

As for the alternating colors for each post, that's impossible on ZetaBoards. It's kinda hard to explain if you don't know HTML/CSS, but I'll explain the best I can. Basically, on InvisionFree, the cells containing the posts were done in HTML like this:

Code: Select all

<td class="post2"> (post) </td>
<td class="post1"> (post) </td>
<td class="post2"> (post) </td>
<td class="post1"> (post) </td>
And so on. Basically, each post would alternate, so it was possible to make post1 and post2 different colors, like this:

.post1 {background-color: (some background color);}
.post2 {background-color: (another background color);}
However, on ZetaBoards, each post is like this:

<td class="c_post"> (post) </td>
And so on. So it's impossible to alternate colors when it's all the same.
Kimbles wrote:The Denjuu icons really help, but the icons on the topic lists are still a bit too weird... And we'll have to change the On/PM, Off/PM, profile, edit, delete, report, quote, and top buttons so that they're readable and don't clash with the dark backgrounds.... *nod*
As for images, I can definitely do those, but I definitely don't have time to do that right now. Maybe in a day or two.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote:There, I made it the default theme. How does this look so far? Does it look OK?
It looks pretty good. Though there are a few things that need cleaning up:
1. The right-hand side of each board link looks cluttered:
wrote:Converting to ZetaBoards?
Today, 11:41 AM, By Blaziken257
0 viewers Topics: 14 Replies: 140
Maybe you should use the smaller light red font for lines 2 and 3?

2. "Topic Started" text, as well as usernames, are too big.

3. Various buttons (edit, report, quote, etc.) are not yet changed to fit the style.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

It looks great. As much as I'd like to use one of the new themes -- I'm too used to the old look. Good work.

As for the right-hand side of the board links, it seems there were some changes about it from IF. While in IF, you'd have a table ad the topic and replies data in separate cells, in ZB, it's all shrunk in one big cell. Here's a comparsion:
(sorry for using the brown theme on IF)
I wonder, if this is hard-coded, or if it can be changed with CSS ?
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Fix for the colour alternating thing:
.c_post {
background-color: ???;
}
body .c_post:nth-of-type(even) {
background-color: ???;
}

Haven't tested it yet but it can only work in modern browsers.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

wrote:The nth-of-type pseudoclass is currently supported only by Opera 9.5 and the Konqueror web browser.
Well, CSS 3 is still in the beginning, right? I'm sure that more browsers will support it in the future.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote:
wrote:The nth-of-type pseudoclass is currently supported only by Opera 9.5 and the Konqueror web browser.
Well, CSS 3 is still in the beginning, right? I'm sure that more browsers will support it in the future.
Actually it works in Firefox 3.1+, Safari 3.1+, Opera 9.62+ (although incorrectly), Konqueror 3.5.7, and Chrome (all versions). Possibly IE8+ in IE8 standards mode as well, but I am not sure.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Oh. That's good!
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Well, I spent way too much time working on this today, and I need sleep (it's almost midnight in my time zone). I'll work on this some more tomorrow! Oh, and I never knew about the nth-of-type thing. I'll be sure to play around with that. Too bad it only works in modern browsers, though.

EDIT: I'll fix the other issues later too. Such as the large usernames, the cluttered text, and the buttons.

By the way, on the main page, I reduced the line height in the last post box, and reduced the top/bottom padding in the viewers/topics/replies boxes to make it more condense. I thought it would look better that way, but if nobody likes it like that, I'll increase the padding again.

And I don't know of any way to move the viewers/topics/replies boxes to the left like InvisionFree. Oh well.