andwhyisit
Site Admin

Re: Converting to ZetaBoards?

Post by andwhyisit »

Yeah, it kinda snuck up on us.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Well, I tried to post it here as soon as I knew about it. So what do you all think of it? I also made four other skins, and an avatar gallery is coming soon...

Should I make a gallery of just the Denjuu, or should I add fancy backgrounds (like the ones in Telefang 2) to them (like my avatar)? Or make two separate galleries?

Also, enjoy the search feature!
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

By the way, when the 'board is being converted' message showed up, I noticed that Invisionfree's archive was still working. So I made one last backup. Wee.
I'll have to modify the spider a little to work with ZB, if I'm going to keep on backing the forum up.

Oh, and Andwhyisit's avatars would make a great avatar gallery.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Oh right, I forgot about ZB's lack of an archive feature... darn.

Anyway, some other improvements I forgot about:

Topic titles can now be 250 characters long! (This is the maximum possible.)
Maximum images per post is now 50 (though I can set it to 100 if it's really necessary).
It's possible to create different images for every skin (though you obviously can't tell as of now :P).

EDIT: Yeah, andwhyisit's avatars would be great... better than just plain Denjuu sprites. :)
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Gckhh... >_>;

Well, this is pretty painful.... Wake me up when you have the old red skin back. ;_;
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

By the way, we do have the 'hello welcome please register' thing. Unregistered users see it on top of the page.

As for the old skin, I'm also very much used to it. I'm trying to create a similar style for Zetaboards...
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

You know, there are multiple skins... and you can select them on the bottom of the page. And there is a dark red/gray one, though it's a bit different. But if you all want an old-style one, I can make one pretty soon.

And I'll get rid of the default message for users not logged in.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

I know, I looked at all of the new skins and they're all pretty bad (in comparison)... >_> It'll take a while to get used to this, the whole board is much more spread-out looking now, and there seems to be no way to fix that... *sigh*

It'll look better once we get the denjuu icons and stuff back, at least... :/
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Well, I was working on a new one, and now you can see it, even though it isn't completely finished. I can make it smaller if you want, and change the font to Verdana like before. But I don't have much more time to work on this today, so I'll have it done in a couple of days or so...
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote:Well, I was working on a new one, and now you can see it, even though it isn't completely finished. I can make it smaller if you want, and change the font to Verdana like before. But I don't have much more time to work on this today, so I'll have it done in a couple of days or so...
Any chance you could switch it to default?