Happy 2nd Anniversary!

Forum announcements will go in here.
Blaziken257

Re: Happy 2nd Anniversary!

Post by Blaziken257 »

It's been two years ago since this board was born! And I never thought it would survive this long. It's not uncommon for me to go to various message boards, only to find that they die within a few months. Thankfully, this isn't one of those boards, despite that sometimes days go by without many posts being made. So, Happy 2nd Anniversary!

There are already a few new things on this board. One of them is an almost finished skin that I've been working on for about a week. It's called Dusk Blue. I was trying to get it 100% finished by today, but I didn't have time to, unfortunately, though -- namely, it needs some images that blend in well. I think it's a fairly decent skin, however. Another new thing is an Avatar Gallery full of Denjuu from Telefang 1. Eventually, there will also be another one for Telefang 2, but I can't promise it will be done by today. I think I will also make some variations of this -- one idea I have is to use abstract background colors for each avatar depending on the Denjuu's type (kinda like what you see in Pokémon Stadium 2 when you first turn it on, or if you look at the Pokédex) XD. And maybe I should use other people's custom drawings, if it's OK with the original artists (you know who you are).

I also have other things planned as well, but I'll tell you them later...

I also plan to find ways to get more people to visit here. One way is to start posting links to this forum from YouTube, despite me being hesitant about it (after all, I'd rather not deal with problematic users if I don't have to), and despite the fact that I go there less often than I used to. Posting links from other sites might help as well.

Anyways, thank you all for keeping this forum alive, and curry for all!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

Happy birthday, Tulunk Village!

I've been here for a short amount of time, but I really like this place. I didn't even get you a present...
You know what? I'll make you a nice Curry Pie.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Happy birthday! I thought it's tomorrow, though, based on the date you joined. ^^;

When I first joined this forum, I thought it's going to be like every other forum I join - I'm active for a week, or a month and then my interest dies off. It wasn't like that, however. I'm still here, checking for new responses, or even responding myself.
Sometimes, when I check old threads, it seems like it's been more then two years. I often have to resist the urge to go and fix various typos and grammatical mistakes in my posts. But I leave them be. To think my English improved that much since joining here... (the worst example being unfortunately, which I kept misspelling as unforently >_>)

Well, I still like curry.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Tkallab wrote:Happy birthday, Tulunk Village!

I've been here for a short amount of time, but I really like this place. I didn't even get you a present...
You know what? I'll make you a nice Curry Pie.
That would be great for this forum!
Sanky wrote:Happy birthday! I thought it's tomorrow, though, based on the date you joined. ^^;

When I first joined this forum, I thought it's going to be like every other forum I join - I'm active for a week, or a month and then my interest dies off. It wasn't like that, however. I'm still here, checking for new responses, or even responding myself.
Sometimes, when I check old threads, it seems like it's been more then two years. I often have to resist the urge to go and fix various typos and grammatical mistakes in my posts. But I leave them be. To think my English improved that much since joining here... (the worst example being unfortunately, which I kept misspelling as unforently >_>)

Well, I still like curry.
Well, that depends on the time zone. It's today for my time zone (UTC-8). I did, however, make this topic more than 12 hours too early, though -- I made this topic right after midnight in my time zone, but I made this forum sometime late in the evening two years ago. That's where the confusion comes from. For reference, I joined on November 21 in my time zone (which was two years ago from today). Is that what it says for you?

And I'm glad that you still come here! You obviously like Telefang a lot. And when you first joined, I wasn't even aware that English was your second language. So don't worry about that.

Curry for all! (Although, I have to confess, I don't actually like curry much at all.)
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote:Although, I have to confess, I don't actually like curry much at all.
Blasphemy. :P
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Blaziken257 wrote:one idea I have is to use abstract background colors for each avatar depending on the Denjuu's type
If you want you could use the images I made for this purpose when I was working on my new dex design.. never did finish that due to the filesize getting too big.. anyway here those are:

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

andwhyisit wrote:
Blaziken257 wrote:Although, I have to confess, I don't actually like curry much at all.
Blasphemy. :P
<_< I tried curry once, and it tasted like... rotten bananas. From what I remember. And it's often spicy, and I don't like spicy things.
RacieB wrote:
Blaziken257 wrote:one idea I have is to use abstract background colors for each avatar depending on the Denjuu's type
If you want you could use the images I made for this purpose when I was working on my new dex design.. never did finish that due to the filesize getting too big.. anyway here those are:

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Those are cool! I'll try those out to see how they look. Hopefully I can finish them all within the next week or so...

I'm still thinking about adding other people's avatars to an avatar gallery as well (such as andwhyisit's), with permission of course :)

Another thing I did today is upload a video about the beta/unfinished Human World, if anybody wants to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/v/QLHqXVkNVmY

(Gotta love the embed feature that ZetaBoards has)

Interesting stuff. I also put a link to this forum in the video description so that hopefully more people who like Telefang can come here...
Asterisk(imported)

Post by Asterisk(imported) »

Well, I just got here, and it's two years already? I didn't know this place was that old! You'd think it would be more active if it's been around for two years...

Suppose I should celebrate somehow. I've gotten a Telefang fanfic idea for a while, so I guess I could start on that. Well, should I go for it?
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yep, it's been two years already. As for the inactivity, the biggest problem that this board has is that most people join, make a few posts for about a week, then leave forever, never to return. It's such a shame...

Go ahead and start up on your Telefang fanfic idea! A lot of people here would be interested in it.
SM-dood(imported)

Post by SM-dood(imported) »

Aww, don't worry, I came back (it's just that last time I was on there was really nothing going on, so I kinda left for a while and......forgot)

It's a bit late now, but Happy Anniversary!