Re: Save Telefang.net!

Forum announcements will go in here.
TimeWalker(imported)

Post by TimeWalker(imported) »

As you can see from the infobox that's now on all of our sites (Telefang.net, Wikifang, manga reader and here), we currently can't keep up with the approaching server costs.

We currently host Wikifang and the Telefang manga scanlation on the Telefang.net server. With the new Telefang.net, we wanted to bring the Keitai Denjuu Telefang series to other people and to give the community a place to discuss and even share information. With your donation, we can pay for two years of server costs which would allow us to continue bring info to interested people and encourage volunteers to translate the Telefang manga and games.

We also give a special donor badge to people that donate at least $10 as a token of our appreciation. This badge will appear in the forum under your name after the campaign ends.

Donate now and save Telefang.net!
Imaynotbehere4long

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

Yikes; I always assumed this kind of stuff was free...

So, if the website doesn't get enough funding (nothing against it, but this isn't exactly the largest/most active community I'm a part of), will the forum, wiki, etc. still be here, or will they have to go as well?

--EDIT--

Nevermind, I just saw the thread saying that it was launched just under a week ago.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Telefang.net itself was just recently launched, but the space that it's on has been used for the wiki ever since our move from Wikia a few years ago. Other stuff on there includes the manga, compiled scans of art resources, music, translation patch files, etc. The forums are independent of that space though since they're currently on Zetaboards.
TimeWalker(imported)

Sadly, hosting stuff without having any advertisements or being overly limited by a service isn't free. :/

Telefang.net existed for a bit longer as Wikifang (wiki.telefang.net or formerly wikifang.meowcorp.us). The main page you see has just recently been launched but RacieB, the amazing hoster for this site and the Wiki, got into financial problems which means we're having trouble paying the servers now.

If we don't reach the funding, we'd have to temporarily close Telefang.net, Wikifang, the English translation patches and the manga translation page. We'd also have to put some projects on hold which we planned to extend Telefang.net with. There would be no ETA when it would return. The forum as well as the IRC channel would still be here as they're indenpendent to Telefang.net.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Telefang.net status:

it save
DaVince

Post by DaVince »

Hooray! Thanks everyone who donated!
TimeWalker(imported)

Just an head's up, I haven't had much time yet to do background work here so I wasn't able to give more back info about the donations and the donation badge.
It hasn't been forgotten yet so please bear with me after I have some more time!