Seriously now? Mods.

Have ideas on how to make the boards better? Post them here!
Kimbles(imported)

Re: Seriously now? Mods.

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Hm, okay...

I really, really hate, forums, that view short posts as a punishable offense. -_-

Of course, the only board I really posted on before this one was Gamefaqs, which is pretty lenient towards what you call spam... So maybe I'm weird, but it really freaks me out that I have to watch what I say every time I post here, to make sure it has enough content. >_> I can't just post to agree with something, what if that's too pointless? Obviously I'm not going to test it.

See, before coming here, my idea of forum spam was closer to flooding, mass advertising, one word posts, repeated trolling. With the exception of the bots that signed up here, nothing you've called spam on this forum really applies to that... Rather, it seems to depend on how stupid the mods think your post was, which is entirely subjective. How do I know how inane I'm going to sound to you? Simply, I don't. -_- It comes down to picking and choosing what posts you like, and punishing the ones that you don't... And I don't want anything to do with a forum like that. ;__;

The thing is, not all of us have perfect forum etiquette, not all of us have even used a forum before, and not all of us have english as a first language. We're a small and extremely multicultural forum, so we should know that better than anyone. ): Even if you warn someone like that, it's not something they can fix overnight... The best you can do is just accept them, not treat them as a cancer that deserves to be plucked at the root. If they're even at this forum it means they want to be, and people have to start somewhere... If they really do turn out to be a hopeless troll, then it's an issue. >_<

In conclusion, please lighten up, we can't afford to expect everyone to be perfect here. I'm posting this because I'm actually starting to feel threatened by the mods, here. ;_; It's gotten way out of hand. Also please stop locking topics. ): That is all. *runs*
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Yeah, I agree.

It doesn't seem that bad to me, but I still agree.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah... sorry about that. If you're referring to yesterday, I was in a bad mood, so that kind of thing got me impatient. I try to be lenient, but sometimes there are posts here that are rather inane. It's not like I lock topics that often anyway (StellarWind does a lot, though...) unless they're going nowhere.

And I've seen you once on GameFAQs like a year ago... you made like a few posts on the Telefang board there. XD
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Yeah, alright... XD
I don't agree with locking topics even when the discussion is over, though, because if there's really nothing else to add, won't the topic die and be ignored on its own...? D: The difference is that if anyone ever has something to add to the topic, ever, even if it's completely related, they can't. XD If there's rules broken or a debate going on that you want to stop, I can understand, but otherwise locking is pointless... *nod*

Mostly I'm referring to the incident with Dino DragonX, which was really unfortunate... I probably would have posted there, but y'know, topic locked. ^^
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kimbles wrote: Yeah, alright... XD
I don't agree with locking topics even when the discussion is over, though, because if there's really nothing else to add, won't the topic die and be ignored on its own...? D: The difference is that if anyone ever has something to add to the topic, ever, even if it's completely related, they can't. XD If there's rules broken or a debate going on that you want to stop, I can understand, but otherwise locking is pointless... *nod*

Mostly I'm referring to the incident with Dino DragonX, which was really unfortunate... I probably would have posted there, but y'know, topic locked. ^^
Yeah, that is annoying. I have resorted to PMs two or three times now to talk about something from a locked thread.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I'm not even the one who locked that topic, StellarWind did. I'll open that topic if you want.

Also, I unbanned Dino DragonX about a month ago, and even sent him a notification, but he didn't come back.