What was the phone originally called?

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Blaziken257

Re: What was the phone originally called?

Post by Blaziken257 »

D-Shoot? That sounds like a weird name for a phone... just as weird as... T-Mildew!
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

It really is called D-Shoot or D-Shot.. never been able to figure out which.. but the D presumably stands for denki (electricity.) T-Mildew is amusing.. they're actually called T-Fangers, which obviously makes way more sense. My guess is they read "fangers" as "fungus" and.. yeah >_>;
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Really? It's still called D-Shoot/D-Shot in the original? That's weird... Electricity shot... heh. In the Telefang 2 patch, though, it's called D-Phone... <_<

And I think T-Mildew is really weird. I guess "fangers" looks like "fungus" but they're two completely different words... <_<
myrle(imported)

Post by myrle(imported) »

Yep, D-Shot was what it was originally called.

Dショット > D-Shotto > D-Shot :)

I never thought about the whole fungus thing... when I first learned they were originally called "T-Fangers" I spent a good while wondering how the hell they got "T-Mildew" out of that. XD
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I still think they called Fanmachine "Gameboy" in the bootlegs because they read Fanmashin as "fun machine" and thought they were being clever >__>;

I have no answer for Icecream and Hat, however <_<;;;
myrle(imported)

Post by myrle(imported) »

That's what I thought, too. XD It made no sense because all of Fanges' evolution start with 'Fan' and in the bootleg he has one evolution randomly named "Gameboy"... ?

Oh, bootleggers. You're so silly.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I don't think the bootleggers even noticed that... I doubt they even know any English. And that ice cream sure isn't tasty <_<