Re: Evolution terms!!

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

On RacieB's site there's some official art that shows the evolution lines for Krypto, Fungus, Angios and Gymnos. I assume it's from a player's guide or something.
Either way, it shows all of the original kanji names for the evolution stages, as well as the names for the different evolution methods. Here:

Kanji = Bootleg name = Translation (romaji)
Looks like the bootleggers weren't too far off for most of them. XD

- Civilized is a closer translation than cultured.
- Dark Void uses the kanji for demon (ma) and sky/empty space (kuu). The space translation is probably more appropriate, since they're not all necessarily sky types. Dark Void gives the right idea. D:
- As for Modded instead of reform, the word kaizou can refer to remodelling, or to modding in the computer or game console sense. In the context of electric monsters, this is probably closer in spirit. You're mechanizing and decking them out with cool weapons, after all. XD

They all seem kind of random, but Techno is the modded form of Big, and likewise Super --> Super Machine, Burst --> Explosion, Demon --> Dark Void, and God --> Devil.

What do you guys think? We should definitely use the translated version in the wiki, but these are indeed a bit clunky.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

YES!! I can finally add English evolutionary stages into my patch.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

OK can you like list the final evolution term translations out again? Sorry to bother you. :)
lapeirousia19(imported)

Post by lapeirousia19(imported) »

Demon and Devil means the same!!
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

No!!

Ma means demonic, majin means demon god!!
Devil is the regular translation. *nod*