other Pokeballs don't work

Discuss the Pokémon series of games here.
Sora444(imported)

Re: other Pokeballs don't work

Post by Sora444(imported) »

balls like Quick Balls, Timer Balls, Dusk Balls, and the list goes on doesn't work. I;ve been though a battle for like 100 turns when I was fighting a wild Dratini and I threw a Timer Ball and it said "Oh no, The Pokemon broke free" it was weaked. Poke Balls, Great Balls, Ultra Balls, and Master Balls are the basiclly the only Balls that work. Anyone else thinks other balls don't work?
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

They work fine for me... how many balls did you throw? You were probably unlucky that one time.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Actually Dusk Balls are probably the best ball besides Master, if used at night and/or in a cave. The only reason I don't use them for everything I catch is that I don't like the open effect that much except for ghosts and stuff =x Yes, I catch stuff in balls that match... I'm trying to get a shiny Porygon and have a bunch of Dive Balls imported from Emerald for the job because they match the color scheme x__x
Sora444(imported)

Post by Sora444(imported) »

Blaziken257 wrote: They work fine for me... how many balls did you throw? You were probably unlucky that one time.
I threw about 20 Timer Balls.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sora444 wrote:
Blaziken257 wrote: They work fine for me... how many balls did you throw? You were probably unlucky that one time.
I threw about 20 Timer Balls.
Timer balls work, they work better the longer the battle goes for, they are the greatest things ever in the gamecube pokemon games because the shadow pokemon is the last pokemon to come out in most cases, guess how many turns a trainer battle would be. :D

The gamecube games were quite fun actually, a bit of a change from the norm in a good way.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I totally used the Master Ball glitch in Colo, I admit it.. the whole game seemed to be a step down from Stadium 2 though, to be honest, so I didn't feel too bad about it. x_x I mean, they even used the N64 models for Gen 1 and 2 Pokémon, on a Gamecube game, that's just complete laziness on their part. I REALLY wish HAL Labs had been the ones to make Colo, XD, and PBR, because the Stadium games were classic.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

RacieB wrote: I totally used the Master Ball glitch in Colo, I admit it.. the whole game seemed to be a step down from Stadium 2 though, to be honest, so I didn't feel too bad about it. x_x I mean, they even used the N64 models for Gen 1 and 2 Pokémon, on a Gamecube game, that's just complete laziness on their part. I REALLY wish HAL Labs had been the ones to make Colo, XD, and PBR, because the Stadium games were classic.
"Pokemon XD" (Not a smiley, that is its actual name) was great though, well what I have played of it so far is. I played those games for the story mode, not the Colosseum battling, as such I would not even touch the 64 games because they are completely lacking in that department.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I've played Colosseum but not XD (though I want to one day). There are some good things about Colosseum, and some bad things. It's missing a LOT of things from Stadium/Stadium 2, like the GB Tower (I loved that feature, especially when I don't have a SGB), the Pokémon storage system (Colosseum's is inferior), and it seems to be even MORE rigged (they seem to predict your every move perfectly and counter it, especially in the harder colosseums). I also thought the graphics were a bit weak, with low polygons (the Poké Balls look like freaking OCTAGONS), and the VASTLY inferior move animations like Earthquake and Sacred Fire to name a few. But I found the RPG unique... it's different from any other Pokémon game, and seems somewhat fresh. By the way, the gameplay sorta reminds me of Telefang/Telefang 2. Every battle is a 2-on-2 battle, you get to snag Pokémon (similar to battling T-Fangers and getting the number of one of their Denjuu), and the backgrounds are actual landscapes as opposed to gradients. And you even have a thing similar to a phone with multiple ringtones! And it has a darker feel to it too...

I also considered getting Pokémon Battle Revolution (made by the same company), but it got too low reviews, so I passed up on it.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote: I've played Colosseum but not XD (though I want to one day). There are some good things about Colosseum, and some bad things. It's missing a LOT of things from Stadium/Stadium 2, like the GB Tower (I loved that feature, especially when I don't have a SGB), the Pokémon storage system (Colosseum's is inferior), and it seems to be even MORE rigged (they seem to predict your every move perfectly and counter it, especially in the harder colosseums). I also thought the graphics were a bit weak, with low polygons (the Poké Balls look like freaking OCTAGONS), and the VASTLY inferior move animations like Earthquake and Sacred Fire to name a few. But I found the RPG unique... it's different from any other Pokémon game, and seems somewhat fresh. By the way, the gameplay sorta reminds me of Telefang/Telefang 2. Every battle is a 2-on-2 battle, you get to snag Pokémon (similar to battling T-Fangers and getting the number of one of their Denjuu), and the backgrounds are actual landscapes as opposed to gradients. And you even have a thing similar to a phone with multiple ringtones! And it has a darker feel to it too...

I also considered getting Pokémon Battle Revolution (made by the same company), but it got too low reviews, so I passed up on it.
Get XD, I recommend it.

I like both of those games for the exact reasons you just stated, it is a fresh feel and greater story than all the other pokemon games, while making catching pokemon both challenging and fun.
LiamBrady(imported)

Post by LiamBrady(imported) »

"Anyone else thinks other balls don't work?"
HAHAHAHAHA! Suitcase