Re: Going to upload the Kurinon Cave map

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I'm not sure exactly how to do this, though. It has multiple floors. Should I upload the floors separately or make one huge image with both floors? Also, should I mark the staircases with letters or something to let people know where they go to? Here are the maps I ripped:

By the way, the reason I arranged the areas like that is because a lot of the small rooms are actually part of one floor. If you go to this area and press Start, you'll know what I mean... I didn't do it randomly.

EDIT: Also, I will obviously have this problem with other caves/dungeons/trees as well (that huge tree with Dispacus or whatever it's called will be a pain to rip, by the way), since they often have tons of floors.
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

I would advise making them one image and differentiate between the two floors if you can. Label the individual staircases neatly (ie, not with bright red lettering or whatever that looks horrible, but some nice looking labels if you have them.)

As for the tower-dungeons, just spread them out on one image and label each floor with a number.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

For the letter/number labels for stairs a white box containing a black letter/number is the most professional way to do it. Make sure that the letter/number is in bold or arial black while centered in the box. The white boxes must be the same sizes throughout the map, be clearly readable, and not cover anything important. Oh and anti-aliasing is always nice too. :D
LiamBrady(imported)

Post by LiamBrady(imported) »

Great! We need more maps.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

So it looks like I forgot to finish this... until now. I worked on this a little bit. Please tell me how it is.

Here's one I made with sprites:

Here's one I made without sprites, and with the gridlines added:

And, um, I'm not actually going to submit this map, but if anybody is curious to what's in those empty spaces (when you press Start, there's an 8x8 grid, and not all of the spaces are used), here's what it really looks like:

Yay garbled crap.

Anyway, do you all like how I did this one? With the Floor 1/Floor 2 thing, and sticking the letters by the staircases? Are they easy enough for you all to read?